Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Will the Kill Bill SE to have theatrrical cut?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-04, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has it been revealed yet whether the Kill Bill set that eventually comes out will have both movies theatrical cuts in addition to their extended versions? I want to pick up the single disc Vol. 1 at Blockbuster for 10 if this is the only release with the theattrical version.
Old 05-31-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most likely it will be just the uncut version of vol 1 and vol 2 edited together. So by my guess the theater version will only be found on the disc currently out.
Old 05-31-04, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
I don't think anyone knows for sure yet, there's a lot of speculation but I have yet to see firm details.
Old 05-31-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear whether or not uncut versions of House of 1000 Corpses and Dawn of the Dead (remake) will be released:

Zombie: I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Info on Dawn of the Dead: one DVD will be the theatrical version and the other will be the uncut (extra 10 minutes) version, both due out at the same time.

As for Kill Bill, who knows - my guess is that Vol. 2 gets released like Vol. 1 then a few months later a SE that includes both movies, then a year down the road uncut versions of both movies will be released.
Old 05-31-04, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Vol 2 comes out in Aug (I believe)Quentin has stated that he will be releasing an super-duper cut of both movies that will contain the uncut version of Vol 1. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out towards the end of the year... just in time when Vol 2 will be up for Oscar consideration.
Old 05-31-04, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also, i would guess for making it all one movie, it would have the current set up, with the way it ends, with instead of end credits at the end of pt 1, there would be a big "intermission, insert disc 2" sign, and go to pt 2, right where the story picks up
Spoiler:
back at the wedding day
Old 05-31-04, 08:47 PM
Banned

I'm sure this movie/movies will in the end have more versions and incarnations than even The Lord of the Rings.
Old 05-31-04, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
also, i would guess for making it all one movie, it would have the current set up, with the way it ends, with instead of end credits at the end of pt 1, there would be a big "intermission, insert disc 2" sign, and go to pt 2, right where the story picks up
Spoiler:
back at the wedding day
You're absolutely right, because Quentin has said this exact thing.
Old 05-31-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sure hope the Vol 2 footage is not used in the same order as it is right now

That would make for one long boring film,if you have Vol 1 the awsome energetic action film it is,followed by the more low key introspective Vol 2. It just would'nt work well...unless Tarantino mixes the Vol 1 & 2 footage up and completey re-edits the entire thing to make it flow better.
Old 06-01-04, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I agree. Showing it in the order it played out as would give the complete film a more balanced feel to it.
Old 06-01-04, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wow, I disagree with that sentiment completely. With an intermission breaking the two parts up, I'd see no reason at all to rearrange the film. His ordering of chapters is rather intentional, and changing it around so drastically would significantly change the movie. Not to mention...I think it'll work fabulously...you end after the hyperkinetics with an intermission, and are brought back in at the wedding chapel.

The only thing that interests me would be if he found a way to reincorporate the Michael Jai White scene...but I wouldn't know where. But by God! I hope he doesn't reorder it at all. Chronological order for Kill Bill would be terrible. His non chronological ordering is part of the reason I think his movies are so wonderfully paced and work so well. I mean...imagine if the Pai Mei scene appeared in chronological order? Where it is now is PERFECT.
Old 06-01-04, 03:48 AM

I agree. It shouldn't be re-ordered, but he should try to work back in some of the cut material. As for the second part being slower than the first, that would be addressed by re-inserting the Michael Jai White scene, and perhaps some other rumored cut scenes (the vol. 2 anime sequence, and the AFAIK-unfilmed "Yuki's Revenge" chapter). It'd be cool if some of the fights in vol. 2 were extended too, but I can't see how they could be, because they were so tightly choreographed. And I think most people would agree with me that a little more Pai Mei would certainly be welcome.
Old 06-01-04, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
From what I recall QT saying he was going to toss out the black and white introduction scene from Vol 2 and just have it go from the ending of Vol 1 into Vol 2 after that introduction drive. Somewhere along the line put the other introduction to bill scene somwhere and have it as a non stop flick.