Community
Search

X-Men Evolution DVDs worth getting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-04, 10:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Men Evolution DVDs worth getting?

With all the rave about comic book superhero stuff coming out lately between Batman TAS and live-action movies, I've been doing research on several animated series, such as the '90s Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, and now X-Men Evolution and Justice League.

I caught an episode of Justice League the other day and wasn't impressed with the animation. Looked cheesey. Too '80-ish looking. But the animation for X-Men Evolution is pretty cool. I like the shading of the characters, the CG-ish looking special effects, and painted backgrounds.

The DVDs have contained 3-4 episodes a piece and they tend to run only $8 or so, so is it worth buying these? What's the specs on these? 1.78 anamorphic?

I'm hoping that they eventually release the '90s version. With the single discs OOP, it sure looks as if they might indeed release this series in sets.
Old 05-12-04, 12:34 AM

If you can find a good price on the season one discs, it's worth it, IMHO.

I like the show - good writing, some great animation (not the best, mind you), and it didn't try to emulate the film (now films) too much.

I'd love to see the 90's series released as well. I'm sure they'll be released at some point (maybe with the Japanese opening credit sequence thrown in as an extra )

Hope this helped.

-g
Old 05-12-04, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
90's
Old 05-12-04, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally posted by GaryEA
If you can find a good price on the season one discs, it's worth it, IMHO.

I like the show - good writing, some great animation (not the best, mind you), and it didn't try to emulate the film (now films) too much.

I'd love to see the 90's series released as well. I'm sure they'll be released at some point (maybe with the Japanese opening credit sequence thrown in as an extra )

Hope this helped.

-g
Yeah, DDD has the first 6 discs listed at $7.80 with the new yet released 7th disc for $9.00. I'll probably get these sometime. Just don't know when. Maybe in July or so. June's a heavy month with several buys on May 25th and several box sets in June. I say May 25th because my credit card billing period starts/ends around about that time.

I'd also love to see the '90s series released. Saw a few episodes from time to time, but didn't follow it regurally. But I know it follows most of the classic comic story arcs.