Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

With the shoddy treatment of Forever Knight

Old 05-05-04, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and the consequent low sales, is a 2nd season box set due?

One one hand, I'm happy it didn't sell well, proving you can't offer a $#&*@ release and convince suckers - er - the public to buy it (most of the time, anyway). On the other hand, it means I can't complete my FK fix. Bah humbug!
Old 05-05-04, 09:12 AM
Banned

I waant to pick this set up eventually. What is shoddy about it?
Old 05-05-04, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by EPKJ
I waant to pick this set up eventually. What is shoddy about it?
Lots of grain and video noise, bleeding colors, low-contrast blacks (real bad for a show shot at night), and heavy compression artifacting.
Old 05-05-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hope they continue releasing it. This was one of my favorite shows for a while.

I don't feel that let down by the set (not that I have watched the whole thing through yet), but I didn't expect much from it. I figured that it wouldn't be a great transfer because honestly, this isn't on the same level (in most eyes) as a Buffy or a Dawson show.

I just hope they put them all out
Old 07-23-04, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any chance the pilot Nick Knight on the season one set? I doubt it but I thought I'd ask.

Also, is there any difference between the Canadian vs. US release? On Amazon one reviewer says the episodes are the shorter US versions. It would be nice if they had the even longer European versions.

Last edited by TheV; 07-23-04 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-23-04, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought the set as a blind buy and it is one of my few blind buy disappointments... I am usually very entertained by vampire mythology, but this show just doesn't do it for me... I had zero interest in going forward with it after I finished watching the first episode... anyway, that said, I guess the only thing I have to say on topic is that I won't be disappointed if no more of this show sees the light of day on DVD.
Old 07-23-04, 06:59 PM

I was thinking about picking up the set, but the reportedly bad transfer kept me away. I like this show and would like to see a better release of it.
Old 07-23-04, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by TheV
Any chance the pilot Nick Knight on the season one set? I doubt it but I thought I'd ask.

Also, is there any difference between the Canadian vs. US release? On Amazon one reviewer says the episodes are the shorter US versions. It would be nice if they had the even longer European versions.
the pilot is out on DVD, from Anchor bay.
Old 07-23-04, 07:42 PM

I doubt seriously you'll see seasons 2 and 3 any time soon. As people pointed out, the poor transferd, the 'cut' versions of the 1st episode, the lack of extras and the overpricing of the set seem to have made for exceptionally poor sales. I can't find the comment right now, but Sony implied that 2 and 3 were on 'indefinate hold'.

Not that I can blame people for not buying it given the problems. Shoot, the versions I recorded to DVD-R from canadian broadcasts were better transfers thatn what is in the season 1 set.