WWE DVD Updates: Benoit, Hart, Undertaker, More

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-04, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know whats on "Bleeps, Bloopers & Bodyslams"?

[Credit: PW Insider]

- "Bleeps, Bloopers & Bodyslams" and a one hour Shawn Michaels DVD titled "Boyhood Dream" are set to be released on 9/14.

- The upcoming Chris Benoit DVD is now going to be a 2 disk set, and will be released on 7/27. The Eddie Guerrero DVD, to be released on 9/28, is now scheduled to be a single disc release.

- Allthough there are no scheduled release dates yet for these titles, there is a 2 disc Undertaker: "From the Vault" title and "The Rock's Greatest Hits" DVD on it's way.

- There currently is no new update on the Four Horsemen DVD.

- The Bret Hart DVD may be bumped to 2005, for reasons unknown. However, they are hoping for a November release.

- 'The Rise and Fall of ECW' DVD, to be released in November, is still confirmed to be a two-disc set.
Old 04-23-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hope the Bret Hart DVD makes it by the end of the year
Old 04-23-04, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by the narrator
i hope the Bret Hart DVD makes it by the end of the year
I would agree if it's a 2 discer. If it's 3, I'll wait until it's done right, ala Ric Flair.
Old 04-23-04, 09:04 PM

Ric Flair was one of the best dvds they ever released along with Bloodbath
Old 04-23-04, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: WWE DVD Updates: Benoit, Hart, Undertaker, More

Originally posted by Damien666Omen
Anyone know whats on "Bleeps, Bloopers & Bodyslams"?
I wonder if this is the old release, I have it on LD but never watched it. Maybe I'll run thru it tomorrow and update you.
Old 04-24-04, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3 discs sets should be more common. Foley's latest should have been 3.
Old 04-24-04, 08:58 AM

More than likely BBB is an older release of the Coluseum Video tapes. I don't know which version they'd put on DVD if not both versions. If you'll remember they did the same thing with the recent Undertaker DVD that was released on DVD.
Old 04-24-04, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by SteveOVig
More than likely BBB is an older release of the Coluseum Video tapes. I don't know which version they'd put on DVD if not both versions. If you'll remember they did the same thing with the recent Undertaker DVD that was released on DVD.
Thats what I thought, but it doesn't make sense for them to release that DVD, since it doesn't seem to tie into anything current (I own BBB, but never watched it).

Unless they are moving to releasing old videos regardless if they tie into new product or not.
Old 04-24-04, 12:21 PM

From the current WON:

"Bret Hart met with Vince and Shane McMahon after the Raw on 4/19 in Calgary. Everyone was very friendly and the main piece of business that was proposed to him was doing a Bret Hart DVD. It was mentioned here as something they were looking at doing, but thi was the first proposal to him, and they asked for his involvement in picking out his favorite matches and to appear on the DVD talking about his career and those matches. Shane said that he personally wanted to oversee the project. The basic hang-up, if there will be one, would be how the DVD would explain 1997 and his departure from the company."

The meeting was almost 2 hours. The DVD might also have to censor Howard Finkle announcing Bret from Calgary Alberta since that's the new policy with Canadian babyfaces. They might have Coach do a voice over announcing him from Detroit, MI.
Old 04-24-04, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by CaseyB
From the current WON:

The DVD might also have to censor Howard Finkle announcing Bret from Calgary Alberta since that's the new policy with Canadian babyfaces. They might have Coach do a voice over announcing him from Detroit, MI.
Why is that policy?
Old 04-24-04, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Braddok
Why is that policy?
I was being facetious about them doing that to the DVD. However, they are announcing Benoit as "now residing in Atlanta" and Jericho is now from New York. Apparently someone in McMahon's ear felt Americans wouldn't give the desired response if the babyfaces were announced from Canada.
Old 04-24-04, 06:05 PM

They're announcing Jericho too from the US?

To clarify on the BBB issue, neither release features but 3 current wrestlers(HBK, Steiner, and Lawler being on the second BBB VHS) so it apears that they may just be opting to release older events. It probably doesn't cost much to put these on DVD and they can sell them for as low as $5.99. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-24-04, 07:36 PM

Jericho is being billed from NY (where he was born), Benoit "resides in Atlanta," and I hear they want to bill Edge from Florida where he now lives. They're just alienating some of the greatest wrestling fans.
Old 04-24-04, 08:54 PM

Redo the HBK DVD.

Stop putting out one disc jobs on the guy. Shawn deserves a 3-disc set like Flair got. Foley's should've been 3, hopefully Bret will be a 3. And HOPEFULLY the DVD on The Four Horsemen is no less than 3, easily.

Later.

RJS