Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

1 & Only Star Wars Trilogy: Collector's Giftset Discussion #3 - read first post first

Community
Search

1 & Only Star Wars Trilogy: Collector's Giftset Discussion #3 - read first post first

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-04, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still no deleted scenes though...
Old 04-05-04, 09:59 PM

The Influence of Star Wars featurette - Without Star Wars, there would be no... The groundbreaking special effects that were pioneered to make Star Wars movies not only helped viewers escape to a galaxy far, far away, but they changed the way every movie was made thereafter. Experience never before seen effects innovations from the films and learn how pivitol the films were to modern effects wizards and filmmakers. (20 min.)
...but we won't include this footage in the films, sorry.
Old 04-06-04, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kajs
...but we won't include this footage in the films, sorry.
Without the original footage, there would have been nothing for him to update and we would not have gotten this release . . .
Old 04-06-04, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
damn...I am so gonna go broke over this box set
Old 04-06-04, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Extras sound great!
Old 04-06-04, 07:48 AM

I wonder if Best Buy will be getting a 5th DVD for this set, and if it will be better than the IJ 5th DVD.

I hope so.. even if it's just a copy of "From Star Wars to Jedi", at least I'd have it on DVD.
Old 04-06-04, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven’t been following all the latest happenings regarding Star Wars on DVD. Any updates regarding the Han/Greedo scene and the Han/Jabba scene in ANH??? I'm guessing a big NO.
Old 04-06-04, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by TK-421
[B]I wonder if Best Buy will be getting a 5th DVD for this set, and if it will be better than the IJ 5th DVD./B]
I wouldn´t eliminate the thought of some store chains might be offering a 5th bonus disc for the Star Wars Trilogy. Personally, I don´t think we will see one. GL is just too greedy to do that.

Best Buy, however, will be offering a 3rd Bonus disc on the upcoming Master and Commander.

Order Master and Commander on DVD (release date: 4/20/04) and get a Best Buy exclusive 31-minute bonus DVD! Note: The bonus disc will arrive with Master and Commander.)
Old 04-06-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL is just too greedy to do that.
If Lucas was greedy, Star Wars would have already been released on DVD at least a couple of times already. The IJ and Star Wars DVD box sets would have been a whole lot more expensive than they were, if he were so greedy.

I haven’t been following all the latest happenings regarding Star Wars on DVD. Any updates regarding the Han/Greedo scene and the Han/Jabba scene in ANH??? I'm guessing a big NO.
Well, if you're asking if Lucas will edited out those, then no. However, it's all but guaranteed that ILM will redo the Han/Jabba scene in Mos Eisly. They'll replace the Jabba with a newer, much better looking Jabba, and they'll probably get rid of Han stepping on his tail.

As for Han/Greedo, ILM might fix the scene to make it look better, but I seriously doubt Lucas is going to restore it back to Han shooting first.

Last edited by Terrell; 04-06-04 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-06-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Terrell
If Lucas was greedy, Star Wars would have already been released on DVD at least a couple of times already. The IJ and Star Wars DVD box sets would have been a whole lot more expensive than they were, if he were so greedy.
Hmm, I don´t think so. He has been holding off until the sales of DVD players have saturated the market.

But there is plenty of dough for him to be made as both IJ Trilogy & Star Wars Trilogy will be re-released on both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray in future not that far away.
Old 04-06-04, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Y'all really need to get over Lucas. If you like the movies, buy them. If not, don't. And if you really like them, get the Definitive Collection on LD. But stop with the Lucas crap, it's just old and tired.
Old 04-06-04, 02:20 PM
Suspended

4hrs of featurette's & documentaries!!!!

No complaints from this fan!
Old 04-06-04, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If this turns out to be true, then I am plesantly surprised by the contents of the 4th disc. The 1977 featurette sounds like a hoot.
Old 04-06-04, 06:34 PM

Very excited about the features. Was pretty sure they'd be there, but glad to have confirmation on the trailers.
Old 04-06-04, 07:12 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
15 minutes for trailers - figure for the six releases (the 3 original theatrical releases plus the 1997 Special Edition theatrical releases) means an average of two trailers for each version of release. Not bad.

Did anyone else get "visibly excited" when the SE trailer (the one with the X-wing busting through the television screen) first started showing in theatres? That's one of the best trailers I've ever seen - I hope it's on the set.
Old 04-06-04, 07:15 PM
Retired

Those features sound great.

Hope the crow tastes good to those bitching about this "bare bones" release before the details were revealed.
Old 04-06-04, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
HOLY LIST OF EXTRAS BATMAN!!!
source?
Old 04-06-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,430 Likes on 1,044 Posts
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle

Hope the crow tastes good to those bitching about this "bare bones" release before the details were revealed.
Um, well...

..., hey I don't see the C3PO and R2D2 anti-smoking PSA! Luca$ $uxxxorrs!11!!11!

.... damn straws just out of my grasp....
Old 04-06-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by GuessWho
source?
They appear at fye.com, a retailer. They are also the same features as was reported last week by digitalbits and other sources.
Old 04-06-04, 08:37 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle

Well, unless when the set's released and it's a 10+ disc set, there still will only be around 4 hours of special features for THREE films, and some of those features are for a video game based on the film (remember when people bitched about the same kind of feature on the Matrix Reloaded disc?).

Anyway, I don't think anyone will be eating crow. The features look interesting but are hardly comprehensive. And for now we won't know of the quality of the long doc until September.

But we know that the quantity is still pretty paltry for three films - especially three Sci-Fi special effects laden films.
Old 04-07-04, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jough
Well, unless when the set's released and it's a 10+ disc set, there still will only be around 4 hours of special features for THREE films, and some of those features are for a video game based on the film (remember when people bitched about the same kind of feature on the Matrix Reloaded disc?).

Anyway, I don't think anyone will be eating crow. The features look interesting but are hardly comprehensive. And for now we won't know of the quality of the long doc until September.

But we know that the quantity is still pretty paltry for three films - especially three Sci-Fi special effects laden films.

Just eat the damn bird.
Old 04-07-04, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts
All the bitching about extras' quantity makes me wonder of people know the meaning of "extra"
Old 04-07-04, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey, Zero. Did you take the photo of that bird? Nice one.
Old 04-07-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dane
Hey, Zero. Did you take the photo of that bird? Nice one.
sadly no, thats courtesy of a site I found through Google.
Old 04-07-04, 11:41 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by jough
YEAH! And the damn set doesnt come with a brick of GOLD, either! What the hell is up with that! Luca$ that greedy bastard! F him! F him up his stupid ass!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.