Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Star Trek Voyager Season 1 - Bonus Disk?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-04, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw in the BestBuy AD for Star Trek Voyager season 1 to be released on this coming tuesday will have a bonus disk, does anyone know if other stores(online/BB) will have the same bonus disk?

TIA
Old 02-21-04, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BestBuy.com.... certainly...

All others.... probably not.... Let's say "no"
Old 02-21-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Media Play had the bonus disks last time as well for DS9, but at the time I believe they were all owned together... but I'll be looking there first for it..
Old 02-22-04, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The bonus disc is an exclusive offering available through Best Buy and its affiliated (subsidiary) companies. Media Play, Sam Goody and Suncoast are all owned by Best Buy, and all had the bonus discs for previous Star Trek DVD sets, so it is likely that they will also be offering them this time.
Old 02-22-04, 06:38 AM

Best Buy no longer owns the Musicland Group stores (such as Suncoast, Sam Goody and Media Play) so it's unlikely that anyone except Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada (wholly owned by Best Buy Co., Inc.) will carry the exclusive bonus DVDs.
Old 02-22-04, 03:55 PM

I am furious that "Star Trek: Voyager - The Complete First Season" is being sold at the same price at the previous TNG and DS9 season sets. $99.99 release week with the bonus disc at Best Buy, even though there are only 15 episodes (unless you count the pilot as two episodes) in the first season, compared with 24 TNG and DS9 sets. They certainly should have given us all a break for 8-9 less episodes.

Damn, Paramount.
Old 02-22-04, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Admiral7
I am furious that "Star Trek: Voyager - The Complete First Season" is being sold at the same price at the previous TNG and DS9 season sets. $99.99 release week with the bonus disc at Best Buy, even though there are only 15 episodes (unless you count the pilot as two episodes) in the first season, compared with 24 TNG and DS9 sets. They certainly should have given us all a break for 8-9 less episodes.

Damn, Paramount.
They know their market too well to think that they'll lose money by pricing it at parity with the other season sets.
Old 02-23-04, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Mr. Gore
Best Buy no longer owns the Musicland Group stores (such as Suncoast, Sam Goody and Media Play) so it's unlikely that anyone except Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada (wholly owned by Best Buy Co., Inc.) will carry the exclusive bonus DVDs.
My bad. I haven't been keeping up with the headlines as well as I thought. You're right, then. Anyone wanting the bonus disc in the US will have to go to Best Buy.
Old 02-23-04, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now the question is: what's on the Bonus Disc?
Old 02-23-04, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Something about the Borg 4-D show in.. Vegas I believe? I think that might be all, but going by my memory... that's not saying a whole lot I guess.

Edited to add info from a Star Trek website:
The bonus DVD contains "Star Trek: The Experience" (Las Vegas Hilton):
A Klingon warrior and other aliens provide a special tour at this popular Las Vegas attraction, including a rare behind-the-scenes look at the making of the virtual ride. Included are interviews with cast and crew discussing the Star Trek Museum, Quark’s Bar and Restaurant and rare collectibles.

Edited further.. oops, someone beat me to it below. That's what I get for leaving my window open here. ;=)

Last edited by reverie; 02-23-04 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-23-04, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by reverie
Something about the Borg 4-D show in.. Vegas I believe? I think that might be all, but going by my memory... that's not saying a whole lot I guess.
Hmmmm. Not exactly worth spending the extra $20 at BB over Amazon w/STL.
Old 02-23-04, 09:45 AM

Just a heads up for people in the Sacto Ca area, Fry's Electronics will be selling Voyager S1 for $79.99. And if you really want the bonus disk from Best Buy, you should be able to price match from them.
Old 02-23-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From another thread:

Originally posted by Mr. Gore
The bonus DVD contains "Star Trek: The Experience" (Las Vegas Hilton):
A Klingon warrior and other aliens provide a special tour at this popular Las Vegas attraction, including a rare behind-the-scenes look at the making of the virtual ride. Included are interviews with cast and crew discussing the Star Trek Museum, Quark’s Bar and Restaurant and rare collectibles.
Old 02-23-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Chew
Hmmmm. Not exactly worth spending the extra $20 at BB over Amazon w/STL.
Not unless you're a big fan or a completist, no. But then on the other hand, from what I hear those bonus disks, small as they are, fetch a decent price on eBay.

I picked them up for DS9 because I loved that show, I'm not sure about Voyager yet (having only seen two episodes).
Old 02-23-04, 09:06 PM

Thanks for the replys, pushed me to buy it via amazon.com and their share the love plan.

$81.89(stl) vs. $99 at bestbuy for an bonus disk that is nothing but an ad for a vegas show.

only 15 episodes vs. 24 for the others...sucks