Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Is the Odd Couple TV series slated to be released anytime soon?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if there are any plans to release the Odd Couple TV show on DVD anytime soon? This show was even funnier than the movie, and it represents the best show (from start to finish) ever done by Garry Marshall. I can't believe it hasn't come out yet!

CP
Old 02-18-04, 07:33 PM

Yeah...

I want this set for sure. The 1st year was ok but the follwing seasons were great. Hope to see this on DVD soon...
Old 02-23-04, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While I'm a big fan of Matthau and Lemmon-and think they were wonderful when they did movies as a team- I actually think there was better chemistry between Klugman and Randall when it comes to The Odd Couple roles. I'd love to have this one on DVD but it seems like the series syndication episodes have fallen through the cracks in recent years........
Old 02-23-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Another one waiting ..... and ready to pounce if it ever appears!
Old 02-23-04, 12:22 PM

One of my favorite shows of all time. I would love to get my hands on these (assuming there would be sets for each season).
Old 02-23-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts
I love this show and would buy any of the seasons in a heartbeat if they came out on DVD.
Old 02-23-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i grew up watching reruns of this show in the 80s...would buy this in two seconds, hands down. remember the episode when they stayed in a monastary for a weekend? ha ha
Old 02-23-04, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by nightmaster
While I'm a big fan of Matthau and Lemmon-and think they were wonderful when they did movies as a team- I actually think there was better chemistry between Klugman and Randall when it comes to The Odd Couple roles...
I still think that most of the AFI voters who picked The Odd Couple the 17th funniest film of all-time thought they were voting
for the TV show!
Old 04-09-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah...it's funny that the original Odd Couple was so good but it was only like a teaser for more to come. I felt like the film could have gone on...which made the TV series so nice. I really wish it would be released on DVD soon. It's one of the series I want the most. Tony Randall was great!
Old 04-09-04, 11:48 PM

I'm glad to see that there are at least several members of this forum that are interested in this series. A couple of years ago, I mentioned "The Odd Couple" TV series as a release that I would love to see on DVD. No one else seemed to care. Despite frequent visits to this site, I've never seen a thread specific to this show.

As far as I'm concerned, Randall and Klugman's series is right up there with the best comedy shows of all time: "The Honeymooners," "The Simpsons" and "Seinfeld". In fact, the two most frequently quoted/referenced shows that I've ever come across are "The Odd Couple" and "The Simpsons."

I recall Paramount directly selling VHS copies of "The Odd Couple" series in a magazine ad years ago. Apparently, the offer was short-lived, as I never got a chance to order, or even saw the tapes for rent. Perhaps some issues cropped up and the marketing was squashed. However, I think that the prior existance of the series on VHS and the stature of the show will finally come to bear, and we'll have this classic on DVD some day. I mean, wasn't the original "Kung Fu" TV series recently issued on DVD? There must be hope.
Old 04-10-04, 12:36 AM

This is a definite buy for me. I loved the Odd Couple when it 1st aired on ABC and enjoyed the reruns on TVLand a couple of years ago. Even my kids are hooked on this series and for sure would want me to pick it up.
Old 04-10-04, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I would love to have this one too. I would buy this as soon as it came out. I liked seeing those old sports figures on the show, Joe Namath, Alex Karras, Decan Jones just to name a few.