Search

lord of the rings trilogy

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-04, 09:54 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jough
[B]Yep, about $60 for the box set - meanwhile, you can buy each individual release for about $15 (making that $45 total).

And New Line has stated that they'll provide the box for those who've already purchased the titles individually. Very classy.

Man, these Lord of the Rings discs (in every variation) really do DVD right. I can't really fault them in any way.

wait can you or someone confirm this please, newline will send you the trilogy box if you send them what proof of all 3 dvd's, does anyone know how that works and when did they say this

Last edited by ruk; 03-18-04 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-18-04, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by greendaynfg
$30 for a box is a pretty hefty price.
these look very high quality, and he has to make money some how.
Old 03-18-04, 10:35 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Originally posted by ruk

wait can you or someone confirm this please, newline will send you the trilogy box if you send them what proof of all 3 dvd's, does anyone know how that works and when did they say this
The RotK DVD Media Kit (available to most retail outlets) said that the trilogy box would be available for those who purchase RotK: Theatrical Version. I don't think you have to prove you bought all three. It will probably be a mail-in offer included in the RotK DVD.

I'm sure they'd be happy to send the box to those who haven't yet purchased the other two titles, since having the box with two empty slots will likely encourage people to buy the other discs.
Old 03-18-04, 11:14 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

well i already pre - ordered it from columbia house, hopefully this information will be inside the dvd, thanks
Old 04-15-04, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jough
The RotK DVD Media Kit (available to most retail outlets) said that the trilogy box would be available for those who purchase RotK: Theatrical Version. I don't think you have to prove you bought all three. It will probably be a mail-in offer included in the RotK DVD.
Have we got any further info on this yet? I'd like to know something solid before i preorder.
Old 04-15-04, 02:07 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

have not heard anything yet just hoping
Old 04-15-04, 02:22 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
At the press conference New Line said that they'd make the box available to everyone who bought Return of the King. They're planning a collection for the EEs, too - expect a mail-in certificate for both versions.
Old 05-26-04, 11:56 AM

At the press conference New Line said that they'd make the box available to everyone who bought Return of the King. They're planning a collection for the EEs, too - expect a mail-in certificate for both versions.
Does anyone know if this is still happening? I bought my ROTK yesterday and couldn't find any mail-in certificate or anything like that.
Old 05-26-04, 01:02 PM
Suspended

Hmmm the last interview I saw (very recently) with a New Line PR guy said that the only difference between the individual releases and the boxed set was the box, and that the box wouldn't be available separately. I'll see if I can find a link to the interview (forgot where I read it).
Old 05-26-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Am i the only one who thinks the box is butt ugly? It's cheap flimsy cardboard and just displays the covers of the 3 movies a few times. Now if it was classy and just had... say a solid color with the title The Lord of the Rings and maybe a picture of the ring on it, that would be something worth wanting.
Old 05-26-04, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have not bought any of these DVD's yet, because I've waited for a boxed set of the EE's. Hopefully when it finally comes, it will be a good one.

And I agree, the sleeve containing the TE's is not very attractive.
Old 05-26-04, 02:59 PM
Suspended

They had originally planned to make the box available, but now it looks like they aren't going to.

There's another thread where you can get really gorgeous metal boxes to fit the trilogy from Paul Champagne.

Oh, heck, here's the link (LotR is about mid-page):

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/sequels2.html

For only $30 it's worth it if you're a big fan of the trilogy:

Old 05-26-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by fumanstan
Am i the only one who thinks the box is butt ugly? It's cheap flimsy cardboard and just displays the covers of the 3 movies a few times. Now if it was classy and just had... say a solid color with the title The Lord of the Rings and maybe a picture of the ring on it, that would be something worth wanting.
No, you are not - I saw it yesterday and thought that it looked like shit. I didn't understand what the fuss was about.
Old 05-26-04, 03:18 PM
Suspended

Yeah, the box is clown shoes.

Get the Champagne box above. It's a class act, and it was satisfying to slide the third set into it, thus completing the trilogy.
Old 05-26-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the Champagne box above. It's a class act, and it was satisfying to slide the third set into it, thus completing the trilogy.
Yeah . . . I've been considering that, but I only own the EE's which are already in boxes, so I don't know if I'll even bother getting a seperate box.

We'll see . . .
Old 05-26-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I might, if he got the verse right on the spine. But as it is, that would just bug me way too much, so I'll pass.
Old 05-26-04, 07:22 PM

For any Canadians who want the box, Rogers Video is giving away the box as a gift when you purchase RotK.