Community
Search

Question on Terminator 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-04, 03:19 PM
tyg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Terminator 3

In Chapter 11 (Target Acquired) of the Terminator 3, the scene where the crane was coming around the corner before the camera focus on Kristanna loken driving, seems to be choppy like there were dropped frames. This also happened on the same chapter where the Tundra truck veered to the left and on to the sidewalk while being chase by police. Since I haven't seen it in theater, I would like to know if these choppy scenes were done on purpose or do I have a defective DVD?
Old 01-29-04, 04:07 PM

I noticed this on my copy. I saw it in the theater, but didn't observe these particular occurrences then, or if I did, I don't remember it. Directors do remove frames for effect; it's noticeably done by Ridley Scott in Gladiator and Hannibal. I'm not really sure why it would have been done here, however. The first time I watched the DVD I thought it was probably just my Toshiba acting up.
Old 01-29-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was like that in the theater. Theres a few instances where you can notice this. I have no clue why it's like that.
Old 01-29-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't seen "Terminator 3" on DVD, but I do remember seeing an effect like what you described when I saw the movie in the theater. I, too, have no idea why this was done.
Old 01-29-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never saw it in the Theater, but my DVD does the same thing. From what others have said, I guess it's always been that way.