Visconti's The Leopard confirmed Criterion

Old 01-22-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Visconti's The Leopard confirmed Criterion

I can give official confirmation that The Leopord will be released by Criterion as early as April, but definitely by the summer. The DVD is being produced by Antonio Monda, who also produced the Criterion DVD for The White Sheik.

Dan
Old 01-22-04, 10:34 PM

Great news.
Old 01-23-04, 01:32 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great. Wonder if this'll be the full version...
Old 01-24-04, 09:36 AM
Cool New Member

Well, I recently heard differently. Criterion and the BFI are both collaborating on the transfer together (it's a huge undertaking as it's being taken from 65mm elements) and in the past week, they've run into problems with the restoration and the BFI disc at least won't come out until autumn. I can't imagine this won't affect Criterion, seeing as both discs are using the same transfer.
Old 01-24-04, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Narshty
Well, I recently heard differently. Criterion and the BFI are both collaborating on the transfer together (it's a huge undertaking as it's being taken from 65mm elements) and in the past week, they've run into problems with the restoration and the BFI disc at least won't come out until autumn. I can't imagine this won't affect Criterion, seeing as both discs are using the same transfer.
Where'd you hear this? Antonio Monda is one of my professors, and I recieved the news straight from his mouth the night that I made the post.

Dan