Kingpin T.V. series case

Old 01-19-04, 09:32 AM

Kingpin T.V. series case

After hearing about the $14.44 find for the Kingpin Producer's Cut series at Target (in the DVD bargains forum) I searched all of my area Targets with no luck. Well yesterday I was at Walmart and what do I see?... Kingpin series for $14.38, so of course I purchased it. I get it home take off the outter plastic and find that the "security seals" are actually tape!, really sticky tape! WTF!, needless to say when trying to carefully remove it all of the cover art that was underneath was pulled off (front and back). Anyone here have this same issue?, if so how have you dealt with it? I checked The Cinema Laser's website for a Lion's Gate contact, but they didn't list one... checked Lion's Gate website and all I could come up with is a feedback e-mail address to which I received an automated response stating that I may noy receive an answer. Can anyone please help?, I would return the set but what's the point?... the same thing is going to happen. It's bad enough that these studios put so many security seals on DVDs nowadays but to put really sticky seals on a cardboard case is just plain rediculous!
Old 01-19-04, 12:03 PM
Cool New Member

Maybe thats why they are on sale?

Or maybe you can just be happy you got a good deal, and deal with the sticky tape. Its really not that big of a deal. IMHO
Old 01-19-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

just take it with your nails and gently pull, and you shouldn't rip it.
Old 01-19-04, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
click HERE for past DVD Talkers experience with this..