Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Where's the Alien Vs Predator teaser in Alien boxset?

Old 01-17-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just picked it up today at BJs after much deliberation (I already had all 4), and looked through the 5 bonus discs & cued all the movies for immediate viewing (my player keeps the last 40 discs in memory). But I couldn't find the teaser for Alien Vs Predator anywhere. I saw the seperate releases & they all had a sticker that said they contained the teaser. Anyone know where it is? Sorry for another Alien thread, but I couldn't find this info in any of the others or in any reviews or easter egg listings.
Old 01-17-04, 09:46 PM

On disc 2 of Alien, Go to the opening menu, go to the bottom where it says... AVP_926>A. Highlight & Click on that. It stands for Alien vs Predator.
Old 01-17-04, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It's funny because on one of the featurettes (Reaction or Pre-production of Ressurection?) the actors bad mouth AvsP. Sigourney says that it sounds "awful" and I just that it was pretty funny.
Old 01-17-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
i'm confused..

I thought the AvP trailer was only on the individual movie DVDs [meaning the 2 disc sets of each individual movie]

Old 01-18-04, 12:02 AM

You May be right. I do not have the boxset. Only Alien & Aliens!
Old 01-18-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by spongebobkay
On disc 2 of Alien, Go to the opening menu, go to the bottom where it says... AVP_926>A. Highlight & Click on that. It stands for Alien vs Predator.
Is this for the separate editions or the Quadrilogy?
Old 01-18-04, 01:29 AM

separate editions
Old 01-18-04, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So as an extra reward for buying the boxset, they don't give you the teaser? If it's the same one I just saw online, it doesn't have any footage (except from the existing movies). Just the very average director talking about the plot & showing drawings. Checking IMDB shows Lance Heinrekson as one of the stars, but no one else that sounds familiar. One other thing, the trailer for Alien that they mention in the booklet (egg & flashing images with weird sound). On my 16x9 tv, it was 4x3 with bars on the right & left. I've seen anamorphic 4x3 in extras before, but the image looked compressed- like it was actually widescreen but not stretching out. Was I imagining the stretched image or was it not encoded properly or something?
Old 01-19-04, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by El Kabong
If it's the same one I just saw online, it doesn't have any footage (except from the existing movies). Just the very average director talking about the plot & showing drawings.
Actually, I'm betting it's that really cool teaser they showed with Alien: Director's Cut.

For those who HAVEN'T seen it, enjoy:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/large.html
Old 01-20-04, 06:45 AM

It's funny because on one of the featurettes (Reaction or Pre-production of Ressurection?) the actors bad mouth AvsP. Sigourney says that it sounds "awful" and I just that it was pretty funny.
not as funny as Wynona Ryder admitting to stealing things off the set because she is such a fan
Old 01-24-04, 10:45 PM

wonder when they will change the tag line:

whoever wins, we lose!

Haven't we lost enough with this lousy Alien sequels already!
Old 01-26-04, 03:38 PM

I think ALIENS VS. PREDATOR is an awful title. "Versus"????? Takes me back to the Godzilla movies of yesteryear. I'm glad the trailer isn't on the boxset...I'm just not ready for THAT flick yet. That concept needs to sit a while before I warm up to it.