DVDTalkers' Top 100 DVDs?

 
Old 01-08-04, 12:02 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,976
DVDTalkers' Top 100 DVDs?

With last year's release of the Indy Trilogy, Two Towers Extended, Finding Nemo and the recent release of the Alien Quadrilogy, isn't it time to update our DVDTalker's Top 100 DVDs list again?

LB Pound's still in charge of this right? I forgot how he did the voting from last year.
Kal-El is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 01:15 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 18,008
Is this a list of how many own which title, or a list of our favorites? I'm sure the titles you mentioned plus Matrix 1 and 2, Godfather, and Lion King. We also saw some big documentary/special releases like Civil War and Band Of Brothers. Everyone seems to have at least a little TV in their collection.
JimRochester is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 01:29 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,067
funny...i was thinking the same thing just this week. i would love to see what the top 100 is now...its fun.
Caliking is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 01:46 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,976
Originally posted by JimRochester
Is this a list of how many own which title, or a list of our favorites? I'm sure the titles you mentioned plus Matrix 1 and 2, Godfather, and Lion King. We also saw some big documentary/special releases like Civil War and Band Of Brothers. Everyone seems to have at least a little TV in their collection.
It's more of a top 100 of the members of our little community here. I know the very first time we did it, Fight Club was #1 but of course by last year, FOTR:EE was the new king. I'll search for the previous links if I can.
Kal-El is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 02:01 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,282
The actual list: http://www.angelfire.com/dc/top100dvd/

Threads about it:

NEW Top 100 DVD Census - Vote Now for your Top 10!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=261000


DVD Talk's New Top 100 DVDs: Census (VOTE AGAIN!)

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=75901
GatorDeb is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 03:36 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,067
Originally posted by GatorDeb
The actual list: http://www.angelfire.com/dc/top100dvd/

Threads about it:

NEW Top 100 DVD Census - Vote Now for your Top 10!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=261000


DVD Talk's New Top 100 DVDs: Census (VOTE AGAIN!)

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=75901
i believe these are the old links for the past voting. i think he was asking for a new poll?
Caliking is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 05:14 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,282
Originally posted by Caliking
i believe these are the old links for the past voting. i think he was asking for a new poll?
If you read Kal Jedi's post above mine, you'll see he stated he was going to get the past links. I merely got them for him.
GatorDeb is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 05:16 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,976
Originally posted by GatorDeb
If you read Kal Jedi's post above mine, you'll see he stated he was going to get the past links. I merely got them for him.
And I thank you for that.
Maybe we can have our new poll by next week.
Kal-El is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 05:41 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,014
Bring it on. It's time.
vivarey is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 05:52 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,236
Ditto... BRING IT!

No tv dvds though. That's a competely different animal IMHO. Why not do a
TOP 20 or something for tv shows, TOP 10 for documentaries and special interest dvds. Good idea?... or no?
SMART-ASS is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 06:14 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,014
Originally posted by SMART-ASS
No tv dvds though. That's a competely different animal IMHO. Why not do a
TOP 20 or something for tv shows, TOP 10 for documentaries and special interest dvds. Good idea?... or no?
Tough call. But I think as long as we have one forum for everything DVD, we should maintain only one Top 100 DVD list. I definitely see the advantages to keeping TV shows, docs, etc off the list. But at the same time... must-have sets like the Sopranos, BoB, etc would be left off. Also, it would make the project that much more difficult and time-consuming. Either way, I'm in.
vivarey is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 07:00 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,976
TV shows are included. BoB is number 11 on the current list.
Kal-El is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 07:25 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,014
Originally posted by Kal Jedi
TV shows are included. BoB is number 11 on the current list.
I think SMART-ASS was talking about revising the future list.
vivarey is offline  
Old 01-08-04, 08:00 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Lower Gum Curve
Posts: 19,048
I don't see why TV shows shouldn't be included. They are DVDs, they're a very popular segment of the market, series like Band of Brothers are every bit as cinematic as a "real" movie, and they're influencing the industry (see threads on new Family Guy episodes).
Jason is offline  
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.