Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

X-files Box differences...

Old 12-31-03, 06:13 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone knew the differences between the standard R1 box set(US release) and the R1 box set with the Chinese characters on it (I mean besides the chinese characters being on the packaging).
I trying to get season 8 fairly cheap on e-bay and it seems that these sets are ligit (at least by the picture). It has the standard season 8 artwork with the Chinese characters underneath. They come in a box and not in the sleeves like the bootlegs. Does anyone know if these are the same? Thanks for the help.

Mark
Old 12-31-03, 06:21 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bootlegs.
The only legit region 1 movies that will have Chinese on the cover are Chinese movies.
Old 12-31-03, 06:28 PM

I'd recommend not going that route. A friend from work picked up seasons 1-6 last year off eBay despite my repeated warnings to him that it's a bad idea. His sets arrived, and only about half the discs play in his player, and he says the menus are a nightmare. He's gone off on numerous rants about how he's gonna go to China and hell the b*tch who sold him the movies.

Plus he caught the flu right after he got the sets in and I had him convinced he had SARS.

I've managed to pick up most of my legit seasons 1-7 off eBay or Half.com for under $50 bucks, and if you catch one of the three days of the week that NorthAmericanDVD has them on sale you can get a new sealed set for a bit over $80.
Old 01-01-04, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Son-volt
Plus he caught the flu right after he got the sets in and I had him convinced he had SARS.
LOL!