Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Anyword on the old Missiong Impossible tv shows to be on DVD?

Anyword on the old Missiong Impossible tv shows to be on DVD?

Old 12-29-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any word on the old Mission Impossible tv shows to be on DVD? OK found something.

I know i've asked this before but any word on the old Mission Impossible tv shows will be released on DVD soon.

As you probably know, TVShowsOnDVD site owner Gord Lacey spent today at the TV DVD Conference in Los Angeles.

During the conference, Paramount had a recorded presentation about their TV-to-DVD properties, and Mission: Impossible was mentioned. There was no release timeframe given (though it may wait until the theatrical bow of Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible 3, projected for a 2005 release). Stay tuned, and we'll have details for you when they become available.

Last edited by roger_d; 12-31-03 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-29-03, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had a set of the entire series on DVD... but after I watched them, they self-destructed in 10 seconds.

(Sorry I couldn't resist.)
Old 12-29-03, 02:32 PM

Not yet, to my knowledge.

Skip
Old 12-29-03, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ohh man rfduncan you got me there for about a second. That's funny.
Old 12-29-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have some of them on laserdisc-this along with Get Smart are the two must have's from the 60's.
Old 12-29-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ahhh, the good ol Mission: Impossible. I wish it would be finally released so I can forget the travesty that was MI2.
Old 12-29-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anyone from the original series endorse the movies.I heard that Greg Morris walked out of the theatre during the playing of the first movie.
Old 12-30-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dvd-4-life
Did anyone from the original series endorse the movies.I heard that Greg Morris walked out of the theatre during the playing of the first movie.
Can you blame him? Cruise took an established pop-culture phenomenon's name and basically butchered the premise of it in the first 15 minutes of the first film so he could have his own "James Bond" franchise.

I enjoy the movies, but couldn't they (the producers) have gotten to the same point by creating their OWN stories without pretending these are even remotely affliated with the original Mission: Impossible?
Old 12-31-03, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope Cruise 3rd installment is better and of course i'm hopeing they put the old series on dvd. What's the hold up?
Old 12-31-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, did some research and found this little tid bit: Found it on TVShowsOnDVD.com, at least it's something.
|
|
As you probably know, TVShowsOnDVD site owner Gord Lacey spent today at the TV DVD Conference in Los Angeles.

During the conference, Paramount had a recorded presentation about their TV-to-DVD properties, and Mission: Impossible was mentioned. There was no release timeframe given (though it may wait until the theatrical bow of Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible 3, projected for a 2005 release). Stay tuned, and we'll have details for you when they become available.