Pink Panther Box Set????

Old 12-26-03, 01:46 AM

Pink Panther Box Set????

Does anyone have any word on a Region 1 box set, of these great movies, I mean I saw Region 2 got a box set, so just wondering...
Old 12-26-03, 12:48 PM

No info, but this would be wonderful!!

Redcon1
Old 12-26-03, 06:36 PM

This has been rumored in this forum as coming in 2004, the 40th anniversary of the first movie.

I'd bet it comes to tie in with the new Birth of the Pink Panther movie starring Steve Martin.
Old 12-27-03, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This has been rumored in this forum as coming in 2004, the 40th anniversary of the first movie.
Wouldn't it even be the anniversary of both 'The Pink Panther' and 'A Shot In The Dark'?

And, the real question, would the R1 box include 'Return of the Pink Panther'? Does anybody know why the R2 doesn't?

I mean, I wouldn't be too interested in a box that has 'Trail' or, uh, whatever the other one released after Sellers died was. And I didn't really like 'Strikes Again' all that much. *And* I already have 'Return'. Maybe I should just buy 'A Shot in the Dark'.
Old 12-27-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy

And, the real question, would the R1 box include 'Return of the Pink Panther'? Does anybody know why the R2 doesn't?

Don't expect Return of the Pink Panther because MGM doesn't have rights to the film. It was released by Artisan.
Old 12-28-03, 06:11 PM
Banned

Artisan sucks! I review them every week. And they make me sick.
Old 01-06-04, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is from DVDFile. Unfortunately, it looks like Return of the Pink Panther will be absent from the R1 box set:

At last he's back. MGM Home Entertainment will paint April in pink, with the announcement of the long-awaited The Pink Panther Film Collection. This six-disc set will include newly-remastered anamorphic widescreen versions of five films in the series The Pink Panther, A Shot in the Dark, The Pink Panther Strikes Again, Revenge of the Pink Panther and the Peter Sellers-less The Trail of the Pink Panther (not included in this collection are The Curse of the Pink Panther, The Son of the Pink Panther, and the upcoming remake, The Birth of the Pink Panther), plus a bonus disc with the new documentary "The Pink Panther Story" and "The Pink Panther Cartoon Theatre," featuring a collection of six award-winning original cartoons and the featurette "Behind the Feline: The Cartoon Phenomenon." Other extras include an audio commentary by Blake Edwards and a trivia track on the first film. Retail will be $69.95 and street date April 6th.
Old 01-06-04, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will a shot in the dark be sold seperately?
Old 01-06-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Shag has done an amazing job with the artwork on this box set! I'm tempted to pick this up just for that and the "cartoon theater" features.
Old 01-06-04, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by sm8680
Will a shot in the dark be sold seperately?
This is the only one I'm interesting in buying as well.
Old 01-06-04, 10:56 AM

Woweeeee what a gorgeous DVD set!!!!!

I want it!

PEACH
Old 01-06-04, 11:00 AM

Old 01-06-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looking forward to this set and glad I sold off the current releases while I could get a decent price on Half.com.
Old 01-06-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wal-Mart has tons of copies of RETURN OF THE PINK PANTHER in the $5.88 bin this week. It's the third film in the series and is missing from the Box Set since MGM doesn't own the rights to it.

The Artisan disc is decent, and in the OAR of 2:35 to 1, though the packaging mistakenly lists it as 1:85 to 1.