Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Difference between "American Wedding Gift Set, and "Extended"?

Old 12-24-03, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, what is the difference between the "American Wedding Gift Set" and the "Extended Party" version? And do you think the Gift Set will come in the Full Screen format? Thanks!
Old 12-24-03, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that the gift set is available only with the American Wedding Extended Version Widescreen. Apparently the gift set also comes with a bonus disc that I think is a documentary featuring the cast reminiscing on the other films. I don't know much more or what else is included there as I haven't seen any reviews for the gift set yet.
Old 12-24-03, 09:48 PM

Well i just got the Extended Party dvd but there was no box set in the store. Seen it in the movies and don't think it worth the extra money for the set.
Old 12-25-03, 09:04 AM
Cool New Member

I thought I read somewhere that the extra disc will be the complete "Beneath the Crust" documentary looking back at all three films. The Beneath the Crust DVD's offered a few months back with AP 1 and 2 were just a small piece of this look back.
Old 12-25-03, 10:32 AM

Yeah, I read that "Beneath the Crust" is a pretty substantial amount of extras.
Old 12-28-03, 02:06 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I don't really want the t-shirt, but I'll definitely pick up the gift set if it's the only way to get the full "Beneath the Crust" disc.

I hope it isn't, though. There are six different versions of American Wedding being released, so I guess we'll have our pick.
Old 12-29-03, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea, I was wondering what the difference is too... I want to get this ASAP. I figure if I order from Amazon, the gift set is over $25 so I would get free shipping, and the town in which I live doesnt have anything but WalMart, and I want the uncut version... so by the time I drive 30 miles each direction, in a SUV with bad gas mileage, I would be just as economical to order the gift set and have the extra stuff. Plus there are no guarantees that BB or CC, or BBstr would even have the gift set if I drove into the city.

The problem with ordering from Amazon is, I gotta sit and wait for them to deliver it... and I want this YESTERDAY! I have wanted this dvd since I saw the movie at the theatre.
Old 12-30-03, 09:31 PM

Anyone else think this may come in a reduces price format sometime? It makes more sense that the disc come with the trilogy of movies more than just the 3rd one.
Old 12-30-03, 11:30 PM
Banned

boring...
Old 12-30-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Well looking at this right now I see that the whole bachlor party scene has been extended and it's running a bit long. Lots of gags seem to be in them. not much nudity or anything more that would make it much more "unrated" if you know what I mean.
Old 12-31-03, 06:46 AM

This puts me in a dilemma, I don't know which one to get now. Is it worth the extra $15 to get the gift set? And do you guys think they will eventually release a box set (3 films and special features disc)?
Old 12-31-03, 07:11 AM

I picked up the gift set last week at the local Borders. The extra disk is a documentary covering all 3 movies and runs about 3 hours and 20 min. the documentary is excellent (much better than the 3rd movie IMHO). It contains alot of unused stuff from the different movies that I have never seen, but I don't have the benieth the crust disks so it may contain the same things. Documentary spends about an hour and 20 min on pie 1 and about an hour each on 2 and 3, it can be watched through a bunch of menu selections (chapters) and can also be watched as 1 long movie.
Old 12-31-03, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Sirgey
I picked up the gift set last week at the local Borders. The extra disk is a documentary covering all 3 movies and runs about 3 hours and 20 min. the documentary is excellent (much better than the 3rd movie IMHO). It contains alot of unused stuff from the different movies that I have never seen, but I don't have the benieth the crust disks so it may contain the same things. Documentary spends about an hour and 20 min on pie 1 and about an hour each on 2 and 3, it can be watched through a bunch of menu selections (chapters) and can also be watched as 1 long movie.
Oooh.. does it have the Stifler's Dad stuff from Pie 2?
Old 12-31-03, 09:59 AM
Banned

So how much does the Gift Set run? If its $30...I'll just get the Unrated Party Edition or whatever their callin it..
Old 12-31-03, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Oooh.. does it have the Stifler's Dad stuff from Pie 2?
It sure does, I really wish they had left that stuff in, it looks extremely funny.
Old 12-31-03, 12:01 PM

Sirgey: Thanks for the info!

I think I'm just going to stay with the standalone movie rather than the gift set. Mainly because I have a feeling they will release a box set of all 3 movies and a special features disc.
Old 12-31-03, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally posted by Sirgey
It sure does, I really wish they had left that stuff in, it looks extremely funny.
Sweet that is the one I will be getting!!
Old 12-31-03, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The extra disk is a documentary covering all 3 movies and runs about 3 hours and 20 min.
Damn, that's over an hour longer than the Indiana Jones documentary. That just ain't right.
Old 12-31-03, 01:53 PM

Does anyone have an idea as to what the t shirt says that you get for free with the gift set??
Old 12-31-03, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I THINK it says "BOOM BOOM with the Bridesmade" or something to that matter
Old 12-31-03, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 175 Posts
I was sooooo hoping my local BB had them out early... not the case.
Old 01-06-04, 01:10 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Has anyone else bought the gift set? is the bonus disk really worth it?
Old 01-06-04, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I haven't seen a review of the bonus disc anywhere either.

Has anyone actually purchased this thing?
Old 01-06-04, 10:19 PM

i bought the gift set but won't be watching it til this weekend i'll let you guys know once i check out the bonus disc. the set comes with a box and the t-shirt is stuck in the middle of the dvds. looks pretty cool, glad i picked up the set at amazon before they raised the price.

Kat
Old 01-06-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought it and the 210 minute documentary is pretty damn good.

- The first half hour involves Adam Herz and the creation of the trilogy.
- The next hour involves the first film, how specific scenes were made, and the phenomenon it created after released.
- The next hour involves the second film and shows how specific scenes were made and includes much information on how the film was originally a 200 page script and shows footage from deleted subplots (including most of the Stiffler's dad footage).
- The next half hour includes American Wedding. Half of the documentary material for AW is split up between this disc and the actual AW DVD.
- The last half hour includes footage from the cast and crew's reunion dinner and an FAQ on the trilogy with Adam Herz.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.