Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Fellowship of the Rings: Disc # 2 faulty??!!!

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got around to watch the LOTR:TFOTR Extended Edition the other night, after having it on my shelf for more than a year.

I was horrified and annoyed when I experienced severe error problems on disc number 2. I bought from it Amazon Canada but their return policy is only valid for 30 days. Not much help, though.

To whom should one direct a complaint to have the disc replaced, if at all possible?

Has anyone else had this problem with their EE?

Anyone with thoughts in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-24-03, 08:13 AM
Cool New Member

Id say take it back to any store around you and tell them it doesnt work and ask for a replacement.
Just tell them you lost your receipt.

thats probably the easiest
Old 12-24-03, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
I haven't had a lick of problems with my EE set. Have you thought about writing to New Line to see if they would replace the one disc?

Have you tried it on another player to see if it plays at all?

If you can't get it replaced, and there are no physical scratches/gouges, I've heard some mention boiling it for a minute or two. At this point you wouldn't have anything to lose.

On a side note.... A year?!?! Geeeze, dude.
Old 12-24-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Fellowship of the Rings: Disc # 2 faulty??!!!

Originally posted by Dane
I finally got around to watch the LOTR:TFOTR Extended Edition the other night, after having it on my shelf for more than a year.
Man, you have some really good willpower there.
Old 12-24-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wrote Amazon Canada describing the problem... just before celebrating Christmas here in Copenhagen, Denmark. Got mail from Amazon Canada around 01:00 AM informing me that a replacement has been sent. Talking about customer service!!

FYI: I´m not alone about having serious trouble with the 2nd disc. At the DVDFORUMS there is a tread where orther people who have bought the Canadian EE version discuss having experienced severe error on the 2nd disc.
Old 12-25-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno, there was a very common glitch in the theatrical DVD release of the two towers near the end, but the second disc or the FOTR EE? No problems here. But I do find it amusing (not just you, in general) how so many people come here to ask the smallest trivial things such as 'I have a defective disc, what shall I do!' The obvious thing to do in any case is to return it and ask for a new one. If THAT one doesn't work, then write to New Line customer support. Or... just get your money back until you know the issue has been fixed... if it indeed is an issue and not just bad luck with discs. This DVD talk forum is great but sometimes... I dunno, lol.
Old 12-25-03, 11:05 AM

No problems here.