Jurassic Park 3? What???

Old 12-16-03, 11:17 PM
Cool New Member

Jurassic Park 3? What???

I was browseing DDD and came across this title. Was this ever release at the movies? I never heard of it before anyone seen it and is it worth buying?
Old 12-16-03, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

THE INTERNET MOVIE DATABASE

www.imdb.com

Have fun!
Old 12-16-03, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here is a direct link to 3 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0163025/

and the upcoming 4 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/

How could you miss #3?!
Old 12-17-03, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was much better than 2, IMHO. How could you miss that movie being released?!?! I think they were even giving away 'sattelite phones' (gimmicky, cheap cell phones) for the DVD release!
Old 12-17-03, 08:54 AM

In other movie news...Lucas films have confirmed the release of Star Wars : Return of the Jedi ..the follow up to Empire Strikes Back...
Return of the Jedi should hit the big screen sometime next summer....
Old 12-17-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

actually, i think the title of the upcoming sequel to empire strikes back is "Revenge of the Jedi". it's gonna be great.

(edited to add image b/c everyone but KevinSmith thought i was loopy... sorry for going off topic.)

Last edited by Eeyore; 12-17-03 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-17-03, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jurassic Park 3 was much better than 2, but that's still not saying a whole lot. Transfer-wise, Jurassic Park 3 is nearly perfect. The blues and green in the jungle look awesome.
Old 12-17-03, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Eeyore
actually, i think the title of the upcoming sequel to empire strikes back is "Revenge of the Jedi". it's gonna be great.
Not sure if I like that title..."revenge" isnt something a jedi believes in and isnt in their nature..
Old 12-17-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Welcome to the 21st century
Old 12-17-03, 12:23 PM
Suspended

Is it worth watching? Hell yeah! JP3 did away with all that pesky character development and plot set up and gave us EXACTLY what we go to these movies for: Dinosaurs running around eating humans.

None of this dreadful half an hour of set-up, of "Oh we need you to go back to the island because X, Y and Z." Get in, run around for an hour and a half, wrap things up neatly and BAM, roll the credits.

Great popcorn film. Delivers on all levels.
Old 12-17-03, 01:14 PM

Never saw it, but from what I recall, it took place between the first and second movie, and had Dr. Grant going back with William H. Macy to look at the DIno's from a plane, but the plane goes down, and dinos get hungry.

I only saw the first two, and the second was dismal beyond belief. Ugh.
Old 12-17-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

" it took place between the first and second movie"

Incorrect. This movie takes place after the 2nd.
Old 12-17-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by El-Kabong
Is it worth watching? Hell yeah! JP3 did away with all that pesky character development and plot set up and gave us EXACTLY what we go to these movies for: Dinosaurs running around eating humans.

None of this dreadful half an hour of set-up, of "Oh we need you to go back to the island because X, Y and Z." Get in, run around for an hour and a half, wrap things up neatly and BAM, roll the credits.

Great popcorn film. Delivers on all levels.
At first I thought you were being facetious, but now I think you're actually happy about the lack of character growth and overall plausibility. Whatever floats your boat!

IMHO, this movie was much more of a crapfest than JP2.
Old 12-17-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, I so disagree. I actually think the third one makes the second one look like a damn masterpiece. When I went to see the third movie, I could've swore it was almost 3 hours. Then, afterwards, I found out it was about one and a half. Ouch.

K
Old 12-17-03, 02:27 PM
Cool New Member

Ok I saw the movie. Looking at the movie database I recall it. William H Macy tricks them to the island in order to save his son that went missing on vacation. His X wife boyfriend and son when on a surfing trip.

That is a good movie. Surprise I forgot about it the only JP that sucked was the first one. It was like a 2 hour history lesson.
Old 12-17-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Randall_Lind
...the only JP that sucked was the first one. It was like a 2 hour history lesson.
Holy crap! Are you serious? You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I for one think the first JP is far superior than the sequels in terms of quality and entertainment value. As for the "history lesson": What did you expect? Spielberg had to explain how it was possible to clone dinos. At least he let us see some dinos before he went into the explanation of how they were made.
Old 12-17-03, 03:37 PM
Suspended

JP1 beats 2 & 3 combined.
Old 12-17-03, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay, so you not only heard about this movie, but you actually saw it and still didn't remember its existence? Wow. I mean, just... wow. Bartender, cut him off.

K
Old 12-17-03, 04:03 PM

and he can remember the "worst" JP1...
Old 12-17-03, 04:32 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Joe Schmoe
At first I thought you were being facetious, but now I think you're actually happy about the lack of character growth and overall plausibility. Whatever floats your boat!
Why should you have character development when the only reason that the humans are in the movie at all are to become dinosaur chow. It's like slamming a Godzilla film for paper thin plot and 1 dimensional characters, when the only reason that the film was made was to see a man in a large rubber suit smashing a model city and beating the hell out of another man also in a large rubber suit. To expect anything more from this type of movie - acting, plot, character growth - is quite frankly delusional.

All that character development and plot gets in the way of letting the meat-bags get on with their job of becoming familiarized with the T-Rex digestive tract.

Last edited by El-Kabong; 12-17-03 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-17-03, 04:43 PM

Re: Jurassic Park 3? What???

Originally posted by Randall_Lind
I was browseing DDD and came across this title. Was this ever release at the movies? I never heard of it before anyone seen it and is it worth buying?
Old 12-17-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 12-17-03, 06:55 PM
Suspended

the first one is medicore at best, parts 2 and 3 are god awful..

you werent missing much by not knowing of it's release.

i wish i could have that time back in my life
Old 12-17-03, 08:41 PM

JP3 is a great popcorn movie. It's a fun movie. Sounded great in theaters and sounds awesome in my ht. One reviewer described it like a rollercoaster ride. I agree. Much better than jp2.
Old 12-17-03, 08:45 PM
Cool New Member

JP 4 "Don't you get it yet stay off the damn island" going to be the title.

LOL

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.