Community
Search

Magnum P.I.?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-03, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnum P.I.?

I know that earlier last year we were hearing that Magnum P.I. and Rockford Files were tentatively scheduled to be released in September/October '03. Any new news on these 2 titles anyone? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-16-03, 08:56 AM

I'd really like to know too. I'm dying to get Magnum on DVD, especially since I recently found out that A&E isn't showing it anymore .

This is the kind of show, IMHO, that should be on DVD - a "classic" that can't be found in reruns through syndication. I'm really surprised at the success of shows on DVD that are still on TV regularly. These older shows would seem to be potential goldmines.
Old 12-16-03, 09:07 AM

Well on Sunday night's The Simpsons Lenny gave Homer a season of Magnum P.I. on DVD with commentary by John Hillerman, and Homer gave a dead on response about the inanity of crappy shows on DVD, so I'm guessing it does exist.
Old 12-17-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by cloudnin
Well on Sunday night's The Simpsons Lenny gave Homer a season of Magnum P.I. on DVD with commentary by John Hillerman, and Homer gave a dead on response about the inanity of crappy shows on DVD, so I'm guessing it does exist.
Ahhh, so that is where they have all gone
Old 12-17-03, 12:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, aparently shooting in Hawaii was as fun as you'd think!
Old 12-17-03, 06:55 PM

I've been waiting for this a long time.. hopefully some news on this will come up soon.
Old 12-18-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't care as much about Magnum P.I., but I can't wait for The Rockford Files on DVD. If it ever happens, that is. Universal said last year that they would release these shows in 2003, and it's now Dec. 18, so obviously that's not going to happen...
Old 12-18-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Even though discussed at one point, I doubt that this will be released in the next few year. Many of the older shows have not met sales expectations like Charlie's Angels and The Mary Tyler Moore Show. They never released any additionla seasons after the first. If these do get released, they will probably be a "best of" with only a handful of episodes.