Reload this Page >

Several Bad Boys 2 Glitches

Old 12-11-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I saw about 3 when I saw the movie tonight

1 when Marcus is showering and right after he says he has an erection, theres a quick skip. I dont know if its poor editing or what, but its obvious.

2. WHen the Hummer 2 is crashing through the village houses, theres a front shot of the hummer and the screen is flickering in the background

3. during the same scene, its the same thing as #1. Either a glich or poor editing.

Anyone notice any of this? Help me out so I can exchange it or something.
Old 12-11-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Several Bad Boys 2 Glitches

Originally posted by Ravenous
1 when Marcus is showering and right after he says he has an erection, theres a quick skip. I dont know if its poor editing or what, but its obvious.
I noticed this glitch also. I slowed it down and it looks like a missing frame or two for some reason. I know it isn't the layer change and I can't figure out why it's there.
Old 12-11-03, 01:45 AM

I wish I knew. I noticed that too and had no clue if that was a problem with the disc or the movie. At the very least, it doesn't just seem to be a problem with your player.
Old 12-12-03, 01:25 AM

Crap.

Well have you guys noticed the other 2?
Old 12-12-03, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Only noticed the first one and it bugged the heck out of me. Very poor editing.

Don't recall seeing any other problems other than the noticeable layer change.
Old 12-12-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
no
Old 12-12-03, 09:01 AM

Wfujosh, so kind of you to contribute.
Old 12-12-03, 09:54 AM
Banned

I went over every inch of this set and no problems at all on both of my 5-Disc Panasonics...weird...I keep hearing about problems with all these releases...but nary a single glitch with any of my players...PANASONIC ROCKS!!!
Old 12-12-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This isn't a player problem. It's definitely in the editing. The sound & everything was continuos it just looked like an editing mistake where a frame or 2 was missing or they spliced 2 different takes together- but not very well. I don't remember a flickering, but I did see the missing frames at least twice & thought it was pretty bad that it wasn't fixed.
Old 12-12-03, 03:16 PM

Bastards! I hate when the editing is crap like that.

I guess I better check the flickering again. I may just return the DVD to be safe.

And damn, that was a shitty layer change in the movie too. Thats like 2 recent movies Ive gotten that layer change during a dialogue and it seems like something gets cut out.
Old 12-12-03, 06:18 PM

So can someone check to see if they also have the flickering? It starts at 2:14:10 and happens during the whole front shot of the H2.

Last edited by Ravenous; 12-12-03 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-12-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ravenous
So can someone check to see if they also have the flickering? It starts at 2:14:10 and happens during the whole front shot of the H2.
I just checked again and yes mine has the flickering as well. It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before. It's not the entire frame. My out-of-left-field guess is; it's some kind of reflection coming off the aluminum panels. Reminds me a bit of lens flare.
Old 12-13-03, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very poor editing is at fault here I think.
Old 12-13-03, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quick question, are the studios aware of how we feel about poorly placed layer changes? We understand that they are needed to keep the quality up and that is fine but some of the placements of them seem to indicate that they just don't understand how awful the placement of them is. In many instances they could have been a few seconds before a few seconds after which certainly would not ruin the video quality. The layer change in Scarface comes to mind as crap and I have heard about a bad one in Bad Boys 2.... We should e-mail or call to complain.
Old 12-13-03, 07:00 PM

Mark Goldblatt headed up the editing on this one. I'm surprised of the sloppy editing comments here.
Old 12-14-03, 02:15 PM

yeah....i saw the glitch too.
i'll wait for a superbit or something.
Old 12-14-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by folgersnyourcup
Quick question, are the studios aware of how we feel about poorly placed layer changes? We understand that they are needed to keep the quality up and that is fine but some of the placements of them seem to indicate that they just don't understand how awful the placement of them is. In many instances they could have been a few seconds before a few seconds after which certainly would not ruin the video quality. The layer change in Scarface comes to mind as crap and I have heard about a bad one in Bad Boys 2.... We should e-mail or call to complain.
Theoretically, layer changes are seamless as is seamless branching. In practice, however, most if not all players still hiccup on both. I can't remember the specifics from the DVD spec, but for some reason something makes me want to blame this on the hardware manufacturers. It seems that they could quite easily make this a non-issue with the tiniest bit of additional buffering. I find layer changes annoying regardless of where thy occur, so bugging the studios doesn't seem like much of a long-term solution to me.

Last edited by BigPete; 12-14-03 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-14-03, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BigPete
It seems that they could quite easily make this a non-issue with the tiniest bit of additional buffering.

why is it that the X-Box can play right through most of these layer changes? seems a little weird. maybe the same reason why the dvd-rom plays through.(?)
Old 12-14-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by gutwrencher
why is it that the X-Box can play right through most of these layer changes? seems a little weird. maybe the same reason why the dvd-rom plays through.(?)
I believe the X-box, like the DVD-Rom drives found in computers, play through this due to buffering of the movie.
Old 12-14-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i didn't notice any bad edits at that scene, but damn, that layer change was bad. (and btw, i liked it better the second time)
Old 12-26-03, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just saw the film and noticed that jump in the shower scene. That was definitely weird. It was like one or two single frames were missing.

Funny thing, though, is that I did NOT notice this during the movie. So did this just happen for the dvd?
Old 12-27-03, 02:28 AM
Cool New Member

I noticed #1, but then I went back and looked at it again, but it wasn't there! who knows whats going on
Old 12-27-03, 01:10 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Do you think they're going to fix these problems and re-release the film?

I'm assuming there will be a superbit. I'm hoping it will be a delux superbit with some of the extras.
Old 12-27-03, 08:37 PM

Is there anyway we as a group can notify the distributor and maybe they can fix the problem and send out replacement discs, similar to the whole Back To The Future problem.
Old 12-27-03, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One thing I didn't see mentioned, not really a glitch, just a horrible camera shot. During the highway "chase" scene, there is a side shot of Will & Martin in the car and you can clearly see that the car is "up" almost as if it is being towed by a tow truck.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.