Community
Search

Deep Space Nine Rebate

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-03, 04:51 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deep Space Nine Rebate

Paramount is offering a rebate when you buy DS9 seasons 6 and 7, but the rules state "Does not apply to mail orders." Does that include amazon.com or DDD?
Old 12-03-03, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
It did for the TNG rebate as I recall but I don't have the DS9 rebate info in front of me to confirm.
Old 12-03-03, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by lisadoris
It did for the TNG rebate as I recall but I don't have the DS9 rebate info in front of me to confirm.
I ordered my TNG sets from Amazon.ca and still got the rebate. It may of changed for DS9.
Old 12-03-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a check for TNG.
Old 12-04-03, 05:16 AM

The terms of the DS9 rebate say no "mail order" claims. I ordered my DS9 sets through the Internet, not a mail-order catalog. I'm sending the rebate in with my Amazon receipt.

If they don't honor it, it's a slap in the face to fans, many of whom shop on the internet. I'd love to see the breakdown of how many copies were sold in brick and mortar stores and how many online.
Old 12-04-03, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by DrOBoogie1
If they don't honor it, it's a slap in the face to fans, many of whom shop on the internet. I'd love to see the breakdown of how many copies were sold in brick and mortar stores and how many online.
No, it's a rebate geared to entice people to shop in brick and mortar stores, where they are probably paying higher prices than those who buy online.

It's fine with me if you get your rebate too - I'm just explaining the rationale.
Old 12-04-03, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by TheHistorian
No, it's a rebate geared to entice people to shop in brick and mortar stores, where they are probably paying higher prices than those who buy online.

It's fine with me if you get your rebate too - I'm just explaining the rationale.
The studio makes the same wholesale price selling it to a B&M store or an Internet retailer. Why would they care where we buy it?
Old 12-05-03, 01:29 PM

Because they want everyone selling their DVDs. If they aren't getting sales in one channel, they create incentives there to increase them.
Old 03-01-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got a postcard from Paramount today. They said they cannot process my request because the receipt I submitted was dated before the program was valid!

I had submitted my shipping notice from Amazon (which had my order date from a month before street date) AND my shipping notice email which was dated on or after street date.

Argh!

They say I can right them back with the correct info but I thought I was pretty thorough to begin with. Don't these people realize that online stores have pre-orders?

Did anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-14-04, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone get this yet? Mine was showing on rebatestatus.com for a long time and I checked today... GONE! I dunno if that means they've sent the rebate to me yet or what. Anyone else check rebatestatus.com to see if there's any update, etc???
Old 03-14-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks Heliosphann! I did not know about rebatestatus.com. I had used wheresmyrebate.com before though. I plugged my info in and both the Next Gen, which I received on 1/20, and the DS9 offer were listed. Below is what it said for DS9:

Promotion: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Seasons 6 & 7 - US (11/04/03-06/30/04)
Department: 041643
Rebate Amount: $20.00
Check Currency: US Dollars
Status: We have received and processed your submission. You should receive your rebate or premium item soon. Please check back again to receive the date your rebate or premium item was mailed.
Promotion Type: Rebate

Hopefully this will come soon.
Old 03-14-04, 05:49 PM

I just checked it too and my rebate was no longer listed! what gives?
Old 03-14-04, 05:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Got my rebate about 3 weeks ago.
Old 03-15-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Mine's gone too. Plus they f'ed up another rebate of mine, and I never got my TNG one. In fact, I don't think I've ever gotten a rebate that was processed by whatever company runs rebatestatus.com. Perhaps they get hired to dodge as many rebates as possible.

I bought a video card that had a barcode right on the card, and as such there was a clear window on the box and no UPC on the box. The rebate form specifically stated that if the item had a clear window box, just write the UPC on the form. I then see that they are not processing my rebate because I didn't include a UPC. I wrote them twice explainging the situation and all I got back was a form letter. That company is worthless.
Old 03-15-04, 02:55 PM
Cool New Member

I am in the same boat, the status of my rebate is gone. I bet maybe it was old enough that it just rolled off thier system, but who knows.

I mailed it within 1 week of the release of Season 7, both sets bought in stores (either SunCoast or Best Buy), and had the same status message as shown above.

They did the same thing to me with TNG, I eventually got that rebate. I think if we are all having problems, it might be time to complain to Paramount directly. I just sent an inquiry to the rebate people.
Old 03-29-04, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my rebate today!!! HOOORAH!