Community
Search

There was no 2 disc Matrix, right?!??!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-03, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
There was no 2 disc Matrix, right?!??!

So I'm messing around with the new DVD Profiler tonight and I come across a 2 disc Matrix that looks lucious. Now I do remember that the week the Animatrix was released there was supposed to be a Matrix 2 disc but it was pulled. Here's the description. If this exists, please point me in the right direction because it looks incredibly awesome.

From DVD Profiler:

2Disc Set - DISC ONE: Feature film; Audio commentary by star Carrie-Anne Moss, visual effects supervisor John Gaeta and editor Zach Staenberg; "Making The Matrix" featurette; Music-only track with commentary by composer Don Davis; "Follow The White Rabbit" interactive feature jumps from a scene to 9 different featurettes; "Take The Red Pills" to 2 hidden special effects documentaries. DISC TWO: Exclusive behind-the-scenes featurette on "The Matrix Reloaded"; "Animatrix" trailer; "The Matrix Revisited" the complete behind-the-scenes 2 hour companion piece; "Music Revisted" 41 music tracks; 5 behind-the-scenes featurettes; "Inside The Matrix" video game teaser; "The Art Revisited" still gallery; Marilyn Manson's "Rock Is Dead" music video; Theatrical trailers; DVD-ROM: Interactive screenplay; "Are You The One?" interactive challenge; "Do You Know Kung Fu?" fight scenes access; 7 special essays and articles.
Old 11-27-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that was the one that was canceled that was due earlier this year...
Old 11-27-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 2nd disc just looks like the specs for "The Matrix Revisited," which was a disc of supplements released in 2001. There was a 2-pack of The Matrix with "The Matrix Revisited," which is probably why DVD Profiler lists it that way. You can pick up "The Matrix Revisited" separately for pretty cheap if you already have the film.

DJ
Old 11-27-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm going to hijack my own thread. Does anyone think (or better have any tangible evidence) that there will be one big ol' Matrix box set with all the movies, revisted, an animatrix coming out around the time of Revolutions?
Old 11-27-03, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If there isnt then they dont have a sale from me... I am holding off on a big box set so I dont have to buy the single disc versions they have now.
Old 11-27-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm with you Ramm. I have the 2 Matrix(es) out right now, but I'd rebuy to get the other three (Revisited, Anamatrix, Revolutions). Of course, when we do that, there will be some other new definitive collection out.

Kind of like the way Aliens fans must feel right now....
Old 11-28-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tell me about it. I am just glad I sold my Matrix 1 dvd back in April before Reloaded for $13 on Ebay. Now I await a multi disc box set from WB...

If they are smart, they will take a hint from the current LOTR and Alien sets and put that kinda effort into them.
Old 11-28-03, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
... Now I await a multi disc box set from WB...

If they are smart, they will take a hint from the current LOTR and Alien sets and put that kinda effort into them.

and if they actually gave a damn about their customers, they'd have a certificate for a free box (only) to fit all of The Matrix films that were released plus Revolutions. Something similar to what Universal did for the Jurrassic Park Trilogy - a form for a free box (plus s/h) was included in the Jurassic Park III DVD. Universal didn't have to do it, but it was a class act and kudos to them for doing it .
Old 11-28-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they remastered The Matrix into a 2 disc set and re-released it around next Christmas along with a definitive box set.
Old 11-28-03, 08:44 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Based on the BO numbers for the third film, I wouldn't expect much more than the current releases. It could happen, however, if the DVD sales are good.
Old 11-28-03, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
Based on the BO numbers for the third film, I wouldn't expect much more than the current releases. It could happen, however, if the DVD sales are good.
The DVD sales will be huge. Movies just don't do as well as DVDs anymore. I blame text messaging.

Old 11-28-03, 10:50 AM

After seeing the way this series took a nose-dive, I don't think I even want a box set anymore. Revolutions was so bad, I'm still reeling. I bought Reloaded even though I wasn't too keen on it, because despite its myriad flaws, it still had some good action/special effects sequences that I could get into. I figured maybe it represented a slow middle point in the story, and that the final entry would maybe close out the series strong. After seeing Revolutions, my hopes were permanently dashed. My feeling now is that I have no use for all 3 Matrixes and am content with just the original (although I'll gladly take a new and improved special edition if they're offering one). A lot of people may feel the same way and that might translate to their sales. I'm sure they'll still sell really well, and we'll get some sort of box set and probably the long-promised SE of Part 1, but I don't know if I'd hold my breath for a LOTR-style set.
Old 11-28-03, 11:39 AM

Btw wfujosh, that listing you're referring to that DVD Profiler has is probably for the limited collector's edition set called "The Gold Collection" that Creative Design Arts put out. It features "The Matrix" and "The Matrix Revisited" (same as the regularly available DVD's) packaged together in a luxury slipcase with a bunch of other junk like a book and a collectible stenitype. Here's a link if you want to check it out:

The Matrix (Gold Collection)

Last edited by joliom; 11-28-03 at 11:43 AM.