Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

X-Men 2 Deleted Scenes Question (Spoilers)

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-03, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(-- SPOILERS--)

For those of you who've bought it and seen it, can you riddle me this?

For the life of me, I can't figure out what they actually added to the first two deleted scenes, or should I say, extended scenes (other than my lazy butt popping in Disc 1 and comparing). I'm referring to the Wolv/DeathStryke Fight and the Wolvie K***s Intruder. Any help?

Moochose Grassius,
Psy
Old 11-26-03, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I was watching the Wolverine/Deathstrike Extended and I couldn't tell the difference? I was hoping they'd put in the part where Jackman seems to punch Hu in the crotch...that's what Bryan Singer said that they had to cut out. But I didn't see that either. I wish there was a commentary on these deleted scenes as well so we know what the difference is.

And that scene when Wolvie kills his first baddie, it looked pretty much the same too. I guess we'll have to go back and compare with the movie.
Old 11-26-03, 05:03 AM

Well, I'm no finance expert, but I would consider that they cut AT MOST 10 seconds of the extended scenes for the theatrical version. If you figure in the cost of actual film that they saved by shortening these scenes, it probably didn't even pay for a quarter of one of the crew's salary. It wasn't worth it! Should've left it in.

On top of that, they spent more disc space adding these "extended" scenes back on the dvd, when that space could've been better spent on, say, an in-depth analysis of Kelly Hu's smokin' body. :-)
Old 11-26-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I think I noticed a bit of length added to the Wolverine/Deathstrike fight, but I swear the killing the intruder scene was exactly the same.
Old 11-26-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think they probably made slight changes in the amount of violence in those scenes to guarantee a PG-13 rating. Overall, I thought all of the deleted scenes were pretty worthless, but should have had some commentary.
Old 11-26-03, 02:01 PM

i noticed a slight difference when Wolvie stabs the intruder.

his yell was a little longer.
Old 11-26-03, 03:36 PM

so, no sign of the nixed gambit scene?
Old 11-27-03, 12:51 AM

I'm upset there are no outtakes. Bryan Singer talked about a number of them on the commentaries and I've heard about others. I wanted to see them. I wanted to see if the scene with Shawn Ashmore licking the bottle seductively at Hugh Jackman was real.
Old 11-27-03, 01:15 AM

The thing about the intruder frigo stab is that, in the Theatrical, they cut to iceman during the stab, while in the deleted scene, its shown in full length, no cut to iceman. I think its the PG-13 thing.
Old 11-27-03, 06:38 AM

Originally posted by cinephan
I'm upset there are no outtakes. Bryan Singer talked about a number of them on the commentaries and I've heard about others. I wanted to see them. I wanted to see if the scene with Shawn Ashmore licking the bottle seductively at Hugh Jackman was real.
Yes, that outake is real. The week of the premiere of X2, Singer was a guest speaker at the University of Hawaii and brought R-rated outtakes to screen for the audience....it was pretty funny. Too bad that didn't make it to the disc...but I'm not suprised that it wasn't included.
Old 11-27-03, 10:59 AM

They must be saving some of these bonus features for the X-Men 2; 2.75 release!
Old 11-27-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As explained in the commentary by Bryan Singer, the deleted Wolverine killing the Indtruder seen has a long ferocious yell by Hugh Jackman that had to be cut b/c the it made the seen to intense for a PG-13 rating & the Lady Deathsrike fight deleted scene had Wolverine stabbing her right in the crotch that also had to be cut for ratings reasons.
Old 11-27-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally posted by Sessa17
As explained in the commentary by Bryan Singer, the deleted Wolverine killing the Indtruder seen has a long ferocious yell by Hugh Jackman that had to be cut b/c the it made the seen to intense for a PG-13 rating & the Lady Deathsrike fight deleted scene had Wolverine stabbing her right in the crotch that also had to be cut for ratings reasons.
I didn't notice that at all in the extended Wolverine/Deathstrike fight. What I did notice was that she stabs him in the back a whole lot more before he knocks her into the tank.