Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Mondo Cane outer box replacement announced!

Community
Search

Mondo Cane outer box replacement announced!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-03, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 170 Posts
E-mail reply:

"Got it. We're having some manufactured and hope to have them out by Feb. 1st."
Old 12-20-03, 06:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that is good news. I hope the replacement boxes are sturdier. I would hate to have them develop cracks as well.
Old 12-25-03, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the email address.

I got mine yesterday and it was fine. Today I look at it and there are two cracks, one at the top near the spine and one on the bottom near the spine.
Old 12-28-03, 05:24 PM
Banned

Is mondo Cane any good?
Old 12-28-03, 05:44 PM
MSD

Yes very good, the set is fantastic and worth getting.
Old 12-28-03, 09:10 PM
Banned

"Is mondo Cane any good?"

The set is great. The films have never looked better. The movies are interesting time capsules which are fun to review.
Old 01-29-04, 01:13 AM

Anyone heard anything about the replacement boxes yet? I picked mine up today and the entire bottom fell off.
Old 01-29-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by jayson1017
Is mondo Cane any good?
it's great.....as long as the contents dont offend or disgust you. to me, this has a ton of historical value and is worthy of repeat viddies.
Old 01-29-04, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Leechboy
Anyone heard anything about the replacement boxes yet? I picked mine up today and the entire bottom fell off.
I just e-mailed Blue Underground asking about this. If I receive a reply I will post the news.
Old 01-29-04, 03:40 PM

I am not alone in finding Mondo Cane extremely boring and stupid. They did a very nice job with the films and everything. But, I don't think that the box is a good blind buy for alot of people. Several of the movies are or become so boring that we just stopped watched them ..... even stinking drunk Women of the World was mindnumbingly BORING.

I took a gamble because I was able to get it for $58 shipped from half.com. Had I not been able to make a profit on the thing, I wouldve been very disappointed in spending the money on it.

I appreciate the wonderful care Blue Underground takes in their releases. The bad thing about them is that they seem to not really care how worthless the original material sometimes is. I do not blind buy any BU stuff anymore due to not trusting their licensing logic anymore.
Old 01-29-04, 05:13 PM

Originally posted by sicklerice
They did a very nice job with the films and everything. But, I don't think that the box is a good blind buy for alot of people.
I would think that anyone blind-buying this, without taking the time to do proper research before dishing out the big-bucks...would get what they deserve. this goes for any obscure dvd/film. only those interested in this style of film(s) will benefit from having it in the library.

and yes...my box is still in perfect shape.
Old 01-29-04, 10:06 PM

gutwrencher,

I was thoroughly suprised at not liking the films. I expected to love them. Mondo Cane was by far my biggest disappointment in the last 2 years.

The rave review given on DVDTalk really pushed me over the edge to try it. I found it thoroughly non-shocking....except for the shock that WOMEN OF THE WORLD didn't even feature any girls as saucy as the ones in the first Mondo Cane!

All in all though, much less exploitative and interesting that your average "good" Italian thriller/giallo/cannibal piece.

It's too bad that Iowa is so far from Milwaukee. I'd like to invite myself over to your place to watch Cat In The Brain. Hehehe.

Ciao,
John
Old 01-29-04, 10:57 PM

It's too bad that Iowa is so far from Milwaukee. I'd like to invite myself over to your place to watch Cat In The Brain. Hehehe.

ahhh, c'mon man. we're neighbors!! that would be cool. I dont have any buds here who like the stuff that I drool over.

Mondo Cane was by far my biggest disappointment in the last 2 years.
it just didnt do anything for ya....no biggie. at least you got yer $ back and more.

Last edited by gutwrencher; 01-29-04 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-30-04, 05:05 AM
Banned

I am not alone in finding Mondo Cane extremely boring and stupid. They did a very nice job with the films and everything. But, I don't think that the box is a good blind buy for alot of people. Several of the movies are or become so boring that we just stopped watched them ..... even stinking drunk Women of the World was mindnumbingly BORING.

I took a gamble because I was able to get it for $58 shipped from half.com. Had I not been able to make a profit on the thing, I wouldve been very disappointed in spending the money on it.

I appreciate the wonderful care Blue Underground takes in their releases. The bad thing about them is that they seem to not really care how worthless the original material sometimes is. I do not blind buy any BU stuff anymore due to not trusting their licensing logic anymore.
That depends on how one defines blind buy. If you mean picking up the set without any clue as to content, then it is a bad blind buy. However, if you mean buying it without having seen any of the films but having done research as to their content, then it is a great blind buy.
Old 02-09-04, 02:22 PM

I received my replacement box today in the mail. It appears to be exactly the same as the original box. Hopefully this one won't crack.