Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Finding Nemo Easter Eggs

Finding Nemo Easter Eggs

Old 11-05-03, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding Nemo Easter Eggs

i posted these in my review in the review forum some weeks ago but i thought i'd repost them here for all to see, now that the disc is out.

don't read any further if you want to hunt for these yourself. also, i can't guarantee that these are all the easter eggs, but these are all the ones that i found after an extensive search.

DISC 1
Dory and Bruce
first, go to bonus features then click on the visual commentary. in the visual commentary menu, highlight the aquarium icon then press UP on your remote. this will highlight a green fish icon and if you click it you'll get to see a little snippet of Dory and Bruce.

Bruce Talks About Greed
find your way to the visual commentary menu, then click on the index. inside the index, highlight the play all option and press LEFT. once again, a green fish icon will appear and if you click it you'll hear Bruce talk about greed.

Bruce's Pledge
go to the bonus features menu. once there, highlight the aquarium icon and press LEFT. if you click on the green fish icon, you'll get to hear Bruce's pledge that you should all follow.

Bruce Explains the Aquariums
find your way to the virtual aquariums list. highlight the one at the bottom entitled "Sandy Reef" then press DOWN. a green fish icon will appear at the top center of the screen and if you click on it, you'll hear Bruce explain how the aquarium feature works.

The Egg That Wasn't There
from the main menu, click on the setup option. highlight the subtitles option, then press LEFT. once again, a green fish icon will appear and if you click on this one, sadly, Bruce will just tell you that there is no easter egg there.

DISC 2
Dory Wants Out
first, find your way to the bonus features menu. click on behind the scenes, then move to highlight the studio tour featurette. if you press UP and click on the icon (yes, it's a green fish) that appears you'll see a short clip of Dory wanting to come out of your tv.

Dory and the Mammals
this time, head for the encyclopedia. once there, keep your selection on the return arrow and press DOWN. a little green fish will appear in the top left corner and if you click on it, you'll once again get to see Dory, although this time she's looking at some mammals looking at her.

Aqua Scum 2003
go to the bonus features. in that menu, highlight the return arrow (back to the main menu) and press DOWN on your remote. the little green fish icon you've come to love by now will once again appear and if you click on it, you'll be shown an advertisment for the Aqua Scum 2003.
Old 11-05-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks
Old 11-06-03, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you're welcome.

*bump*
Old 11-10-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi Grizz.....

I love this movie, but was a bit disappointed not to find any outtakes. I thoroughly enjoyed the outtakes from the toy story movies and monsters inc.

Am I just missing them?
Old 11-10-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
I believe they decided not to do 'em.
Old 11-10-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Worked great.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by grip
Hi Grizz.....

I love this movie, but was a bit disappointed not to find any outtakes. I thoroughly enjoyed the outtakes from the toy story movies and monsters inc.

Am I just missing them?
Andrew Stanton, the director, decided that he didn't want to do outtakes for this one. he didn't want the joke to wear out it's welcome and there's only so many flubs you can do. i think he even mentions this somewhere in the supplements (most likely the commentary track).
Old 11-19-03, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Found this one today...

DORY & MARLIN

On the Main Menu on Disc 1, click on Bonus Materials. On the Bonus Materials Menu, highlight the Return Arrow but don't click on it. Press Down to reveal a green fish on the screen. Click on the green fish. Dory and Marlin will briefly talk about mammals.
Old 11-19-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
For some reason, about half of the easter eggs (on Disc 1, the only one I have tried so far) don't work on my Apex...
Old 11-19-03, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Andrew Stanton, the director, decided that he didn't want to do outtakes for this one. he didn't want the joke to wear out it's welcome and there's only so many flubs you can do.
Hmm, yes, ditto on Randy Newman.
Old 11-19-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BizRodian
Hmm, yes, ditto on Randy Newman.
*zing!*
Old 11-19-03, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did your *zing!* button on your computer need a workout or are there really lots of funny things being said here?
Old 11-19-03, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

snot!
Old 11-20-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
Did your *zing!* button on your computer need a workout or are there really lots of funny things being said here?
The second.