Spider-Man: the Animated Chronicles, Season 1

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-03, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone else looking forward to this release (1/13/04)? My kids & I think this series ROCKS! Its a 2-disc Special Edition. You can check out the art work at dvdanswers.com. http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...2680&n=1&burl=
Old 11-04-03, 08:09 PM

I've never seen it, but I'd certainly be interested. Nice cover too. I'm going to check DDD and see if I can pre-order this.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-04-03 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-04-03, 08:17 PM

$22.06 at DeepDiscountDVD.com. Best Buy might have it for a few bucks cheaper.
Old 11-04-03, 08:24 PM
Suspended

What the hell.. how come they're releasing this new series of Spiderman and none of the older ones which many of us have demanded?
Old 11-04-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because this isn't from Beuna Vista. Different studios, different attitudes to season sets.
Old 11-04-03, 08:40 PM

You can pre-order it at dvdempire.com for $21.56.
Old 11-04-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

is this the original cartoon series from the 60's/70's? if so, i am there for the theme song alone.
Old 11-04-03, 10:46 PM
Banned

It's the MTV one.
Old 11-05-03, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Considering that the buzz is that there will be NO season two, prepare yourself for an unresolved season-ending cliffhanger.
Old 11-05-03, 10:26 AM

It might have helped if they'd promoted it a little better. I remember hearing about it coming to MTV after the movie was released and never hearing about it again. I try to avoid MTV (I'll watch some seasons of Real World), but you'd think there would have been some commercials and/or ads in magazines.
Old 11-05-03, 01:32 PM
Banned

They could've also considered better animation and better voice actors. The writing wasn't that bad.
Old 11-05-03, 03:31 PM

Is this the CG cartoon with the "cell painted" look? My kids and I watched an episode on YTV this weekend and it looked pretty cool. Definitely better looking than the 90s era Spider-Man cartoons.

Still waiting for the funky Trillium Spider-Man. It's only a matter of time...
Old 11-05-03, 05:06 PM

Location: The kackles of your heart, maybe the sub-kackle area
Why in God's name do they keep releasing brand new shows? Where's my Fraggle Rock, or my Wonder Years. I'd settle for season 1 of Doug. Damn the industry damn them to hell.

We need the 80's Spiderman (and X-Men), tell MTV to keep their crap to themselves.

I'm done now and I'll go sit in the corner.
Old 11-05-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rockinghorse
Why in God's name do they keep releasing brand new shows? Where's my Fraggle Rock, or my Wonder Years. I'd settle for season 1 of Doug. Damn the industry damn them to hell.

We need the 80's Spiderman (and X-Men), tell MTV to keep their crap to themselves.

I'm done now and I'll go sit in the corner.
I think it's for two reasons. One is that new shows are already cleared for DVD release in their contracts. Several older shows never thought of the day of season sets, so they never negotiated contracts for such a possibility, such as Wonder Years for example. I can imagine how hard it is to clear all the original music for that series on DVD, so I prefer to be patient and wait for it to be done right than to have the bulk of the music replaced with other songs. I think the other reason is is to capitalize on the immediate interest in these shows. Given another ten years (if they waited to sell the season sets then) I don't think many of these new shows would sell quite as well, selling mainly after all that time to a cult following still interested in the show. Imagine how well season sets of Twin Peaks could have sold back in the hey day of the show? Probably a lot better than the current sales.
Old 11-06-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Spider-Man: the Animated Chronicles, Season 1

I'm sure this has been dealt with sometime in the past, but since there's already a thead going, I'll ask it here:

Which of the Spider-Man DVDs that are already out feature episodes from the original '60s cartoon series (the one with the groovy theme song)? Is there any talk (rumor even) of a full collection of those cartoons?
Old 11-06-03, 12:53 PM

I just want the 60's Spiderman cartoon. There are over 70 episodes from the 60's.

Enough is enough. They are sitting in a vault with dust collecting on them, come on marvel, get off your a$$es, and lets get with the program.

A few years ago, they were releasing the 60's episodes on VHS, I happened to pick up the forst 2 volumes, then Marvel stopped producing them.

It makes no bloody sence.
Old 11-06-03, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
I suspect the rights for the 60's Spider-Man series is up in the air, just the way most of the rights to their other properties are.

Was this ever resolved?
Old 11-06-03, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts
YEah, 60's Spidey would be great. Hell, I'd like to see Spider-man and His Amazing Friends get a release and the live action 70's Nicholas Hammond series.
Old 11-06-03, 10:21 PM

As far as 1960's Spider-man cartoons.....the 1966 classic episode "King Pinned" - featuring Kingpin is on the recent dvd release "DareDevil vs. Spider-man". Also, on the "Spider-man: the Ultimate Villain Showdown" dvd is a 1967 classic episode "the Origins of Spider-man". Both of these cartoons (original theme song included!) are part of the special features included on the dvd's. Very cool stuff. Funny... I could sing the 1960's theme song to my kids from memory! I loved that song! It Rocked! As a matter of fact, the Ramones do a live version of that song....It kicks A**!