Community
Search

Batman Deadend

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-03, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Batman Deadend

If you haven't seen or heard of this short film, you can now see for yourself what the buzz was about. If you have seen it and wanted a really good copy (on a DVD, no less), start checking the nearest Borders, Bookstar or whatever large bookstore chain is in your area.

Look in the magazine section for issue 7 of Movie FX video magazine on DVD. It's $9.99 US/$14.99 Can. Movie FX is distributed in a magazine-sized, full-color cardboard sleeve, and the issue number is rather small and in the lower left corner underneath the barcode. If you can't see it for some reason, issue 7 has Arnold as the Terminator and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine on the cover. Batman Deadend can be found on the main menu under the title: A Director's Vision.

I was pleasantly surprised to find my subscription copy in the mail today and thought I would pass on the info.

Old 10-28-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool--this is probably the closest we will get to an "official" dvd release. I for one loved the short, I just wish that it didn't end on such a great cliffhanger.
Old 10-28-03, 09:22 PM

Thanks a bunch for the tip, Jon2!
Old 10-28-03, 09:27 PM

Cool, I'll look for the mag!
I was about to make a VCD of it to play on the DVD player, but this would be even better.
Old 10-28-03, 10:25 PM

I just subscribed online for a year (4 issues) for $30. If any of you are interested the subscription starts with this issue.
Old 10-28-03, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting! It's a horrid, pathetic, laughable attempt at a film, but a nice little trifle nonetheless. Witha proper DVD, I'll have something else to pass amongst friends instead of my VCD of it.

I'd get it before Warner whips out the ol' "cease-&-desist"...
Old 10-28-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if they make any profit from the batman characters WB can whip it out.. then again I would fear more from the Fox camp who owns Alien and Predator.. those are copyrighted characters that aren't always the easiest to get ahold of..
Old 10-28-03, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Thanks for the tip. It will be nice to get a copy of it on DVD. I am really curious about what Fox and Warner thinks about this.
Old 10-28-03, 11:41 PM

does this disc also include the MAKING OF?
Old 10-29-03, 01:34 AM

Just curious since I'm a subscriber now. Is every "issue" an hour? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-29-03, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CaseyB
I just subscribed online for a year (4 issues) for $30. If any of you are interested the subscription starts with this issue.
Here's the magazine details.

Here's the subscription Link.

Old 10-29-03, 07:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Has anyone had any luck finding this at a store? I went to B&N and Tower Books with no luck.
Old 10-29-03, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to Borders + B&N and could only find the previous issue (w/Daredevil cover). I don't think it has hit the stands yet.
Old 11-01-03, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by cultshock
Thanks for the tip. It will be nice to get a copy of it on DVD. I am really curious about what Fox and Warner thinks about this.
Inside the cardboard holder "This includes a very special 8 minute film made independently and starring some of the most recognizable action characters from various films (Per the studio's requirements, that's all we're allowed to print about it). The "making of" this short flick will be featured in issue 8.

Very cool.
Old 11-02-03, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IS IT ANAMORPHIC?????

NO ANAMORPHIC=NO $ALE!

Sorry, someone had to say it.
Old 11-02-03, 03:13 AM
Suspended

This baby is out, just picked it up today at Barnes and Noble for $10, its weird there is no reference to the short being on DVD mentioned on the cover.....props to the original poster of this, if he didn't nobody would have even known it was with this issue...
Old 11-02-03, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by animalmystic
its weird there is no reference to the short being on DVD mentioned on the cover...
It's mentioned in the thread that Fox & Warner wouldn't let them print the names. Would you really shell out $10 for a magazine that promised "BONUS! SHORT FILM WITH CHARACTERS YOU REALLY DIG!"? Really?
Old 11-02-03, 03:35 AM

I like what I've seenon the DVD so far. Batman Dead End is said to have cost 30 thousand dollars to make. It's quick and fun...at least I thought so.

Does anyone have issue 3? There's a press conference with the cast and director of Spiderman. Just wanted to hear if it's worth getting and how long it is?
Old 11-02-03, 04:01 AM
Suspended

DonnachaOne-I just meant the average Joe looking at this magazine on the newsstand, would not know that Batman Dead End was on this disc, because there is no reference to it anywhere on the cover of the magazine, only until you unwrap the plastic and open the "book" is reference to the short......

anyways can't wait to check it out, I was so happy to pick up the Star Wars/Storm Troopers/Cops parody on DVD free from a few years ago with a magazine I purchased, hopefully it will be as good.....
Old 11-02-03, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Does it come with an insert???
Old 11-02-03, 09:28 AM

Huh? What is Batman Dead End? OK, I guess it's a short fan made film, that's officially all I know now. What is it about? Is it that Batman Beyond movie some fan was making or something?
Old 11-02-03, 10:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by marioxb
Huh? What is Batman Dead End? OK, I guess it's a short fan made film, that's officially all I know now. What is it about? Is it that Batman Beyond movie some fan was making or something?
Many have called it a fanfilm, but the person who made simply wanted to showcase his film making skills. It caused quite a stir at this year's ComiCon in San Diego. Kevin Smith said it was the best visual depiction of Batman he'd seen (or something like that).

Anyway here's a thread from another message board where this has been discussed at length...

comics2film
Old 11-02-03, 10:34 AM

You can download the whole thing here:

http://www.theforce.net/theater/shor...atman_deadend/
Old 11-02-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
At the last L.A. Comic Convention, they had a panel discussion with the director, crew and 2 of the cast (Batman, Joker). The guy that plays Batman is rather short. The director said his dream is to direct a Batman movie with the same cast and crew as Dead End.
Old 11-02-03, 01:05 PM

Sorry guys...no commentary either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.