Community
Search

REM In View DVD

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-03, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REM In View DVD

I JUST NOW read about this, and I've been searching online sites to see if anyone has it available, but I've only found it on Amazon. Has anyone had any luck finding this at B&Ms?

If so, how is the disc? Is it jewel case (like Amazon says), or is it in keep case or WB snapper? How is the audio/video quality and possible extras? Just curious as I hadn't seen this mentioned here. Any info is appreciated.
Old 10-28-03, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one i picked up at Best Buy (in the DVD music section) today was in a Snapper.
Old 10-28-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And this is a... ??? (concert? collection of videos?)
Old 10-29-03, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought mine from Newbury Comics (New England small chain) yesterday. It was available in both a snapper or a CD jewel case.

Its a compilation of videos, and there is a little overlap with the already released REM discs, mostly with the "Parellel" disc, where I think about 6 tracks are duplicated.

There are also three live tracks from the Trafalgar Square show a couple of years ago.

Sound options are stereo (PCM?) Dolby surround or DTS!

Picture quality seemed a bit average. I thought Losing My Religion could have looked sharper. Still, a must-buy, I think.
Old 10-29-03, 09:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Picked up the snapper version at Circuit City for $14.99 yesterday. BB had it marked $19.99.

I think it looks and sounds fine. There are some things missing that I found curious, like the exclusion of the Spike Jonze "Crush With Eyeliner" video. The videos are split into "The Hits" section (to coincide with the "In Time" cd release) and then "Bonus Videos". Why "Tongue" would make the bonus video section and CWE and some other songs didn't is beyond me, but I still really enjoy this collection.
Old 10-29-03, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like a collection of REM videos... is there a set or anything? a long time ago I saw a few DVDs, but didn't know what they were.