Community
Search

Alien Quadrilogy Announcement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-03, 12:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alien Quadrilogy Announcement?

Its getting very close to December and there has not been amy firm date for the Alien Quadrilogy. Does anyone have any info?
Old 10-28-03, 12:13 PM

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ien+quadrilogy
Old 10-28-03, 01:26 PM

I thought it was November 11th they were releasing it? Another friggin delay?
Old 10-28-03, 05:48 PM

In space no one can hear you scream about DVD release dates being pushed back.
Old 10-28-03, 06:28 PM

DVDsoon changed it from 12/12 to 12/2 recently.
Old 10-28-03, 11:06 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've heard 12/16.
Old 10-29-03, 01:39 AM

Have they announced if any of the movies will be released individually?
Old 10-29-03, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I doubt it's coming out this year
Old 10-29-03, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it was coming this year there surely would be preorders available at every online retailer by now for a title of this magnitude.
Old 10-29-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it comes out the 16th in the uk and should be out the same day here in the us according to the digitalbits.com
Old 10-29-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
You guys don't understand, I need this set to come out this year. It's like crack in the form of a 9 disc set.
Old 10-29-03, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree with matome, if this was to be released for christmas then online retailers would have already started taking preorders. As always, I will believe it when I see it.
Old 10-29-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYI: The DVDs have been QC'd. Should be in the process of packaging now. And from my VERY reliable source that I trust with my life...they are worth the wait. Extremely well done DVDs.
Old 10-29-03, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally posted by TheV
FYI: The DVDs have been QC'd. Should be in the process of packaging now. And from my VERY reliable source that I trust with my life...they are worth the wait. Extremely well done DVDs.
If you are right.... then
Old 10-29-03, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I feel that Fox is delaying announcing this release because they don't want to get burned like E.T.

Universal made a big announcement about the movie being released in the theaters to follow up with a quick DVD release. I got the feeling that many folks who would have gone to see the movie stayed home and just bought/rented the DVD.

Now Alien is a bit different because it is not a family film (or at least it wasn't 20 years ago). But I feel that many folks will be the DVD release only for Alien and Aliens, so if they feel that the movie receipts will be hurt by announcement, they will hold back.
Old 10-29-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by TomOpus
If you are right.... then
I can promise about the QCing. Someone I know through a private industry leaked that it was done and this person had seen them all. That was about a week-2 weeks ago. From there the DVDs go onto the final sign off and mass production. No luck screaming for a sample copy. Sometimes that works...but sadly not this time. I couldn't even bribe them. Oh well...also total speculation since they don't work in sales, but they thought it's possible that the distributor might be rushing these and announce right after the theatre opening and Xmas delivery since they're completed. No reason they can't since now it's about producing and I'm sure the machines are ready to go.

Would be a great Xmas present.

TheV

Last edited by TheV; 10-29-03 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-29-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by chanster
I feel that Fox is delaying announcing this release because they don't want to get burned like E.T. .
I think they have not done it to eat the profits of the Alien DC coming out in theaters, today I believe. If J6P knew that he didnt have to pay the $9 to see it in the theater, and could wait and buy it on DVD in 2 months, he wouldnt go to the theater and just wait.
Old 10-29-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
REL77 - makes perfect sense. Which is a good thing, in a way.

TheV - Thanks for the info. It's much appreciated. So, how does one get a QC job like that?
Old 10-29-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read in the paper today that when the original is released in theaters, not only will there be ONE added scene but they will be CUTTING parts out! Tightening it up to keep the pace moving... That's what they called it.

Once again the film industry is exposing the general public's A.D.D. problem with movies. I'm going to f//king stop before I start TYPING IN F//KING CAPS!!!!! DAMNIT!!!
Old 10-29-03, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mikewendt
I read in the paper today that when the original is released in theaters, not only will there be ONE added scene but they will be CUTTING parts out! Tightening it up to keep the pace moving... That's what they called it.

Once again the film industry is exposing the general public's A.D.D. problem with movies. I'm going to f//king stop before I start TYPING IN F//KING CAPS!!!!! DAMNIT!!!
All the reviews I have read havent mentioned anything about this, just that it is awsome
Old 10-29-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I saw the Director's Cut in theaters on Saturday night at a screening, and it is very well done. A/V is looking/sounding good for a 1979 movie. From what I remember of the original (haven't seen it for a couple of years), there were very minor parts cut. 30 seconds here or there.
Spoiler:
The added scene of Ripley going into the Alien's hive was tits and a half.
The other added scenes were minor, but kept the flow of the movie just fine.

The reason why the cut some things out is because it's a Director's Cut, hence Ridley Scott didn't want a few things that were put in there originaly. I mean, the movie was still 2 hours plus.

I for one can not wait for this set

Last edited by steebo777; 10-29-03 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-29-03, 08:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
The trims are mostly just entrances and exits. Nothing big. As Steebo777 said, the film is 2 hours plus. The film looks and sounds great. It's not like you're going to leave the theater going "man, that movie was good, but I miss when Dallas left that one room."

Fox has a pretty cool site devoted to this special Director's cut. There is some good info there.
Old 10-29-03, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can't wait anymore...

damn it FOX, RELEASE 'EM ALREADY!!!!!!!

before i go broke on other DVDs
Old 10-29-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mikewendt

Actually, I'm happy to hear that they're adding only one scene. If you've seen the Alien deleted scenes before (on the SE LD or on the last DVD), there is only one which belongs in the picture:

Spoiler:
The Cocoon Scene, of course.

Since it sounds like the trims are a total of 30 seconds or so and are just entrances and exits, again I have no problem.
Old 10-29-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw the movie tonight and thought the
Spoiler:
cocoon scene added absolutely nothing..especially since Ripley had already set the ship to self-destruct..seemed very pointless to me.

I would like to see Aliens on the big screen!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.