Matrix Box Set?

Community
Search

Matrix Box Set?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-03, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matrix Box Set?

Does anyone know if there has been any official word on a Matrix box set containing, the first one in anykind of special edition format, the animatrix and the rest of the trilogy?
Old 10-18-03, 02:50 PM
Suspended

Rumors yes, official no.

Now that you mentioned it, it would be totally awesome if they do a 4 discbox set w/ all three Matrix films + Animatrix. If they do that, I'm so gonna pre-order it.
Old 10-18-03, 03:01 PM

I really would like to have an official announcment, I don't know if I should buy reloaded or not, and the possible box set is the reason
Old 10-18-03, 07:14 PM
Cool New Member

I don't care anything about the Animatrix DVD but I am waiting for a box set of the 3 movies. Maybe I can avoid a snapper on the 1st one.
Old 10-18-03, 08:03 PM

I'm certainly waiting to buy any Matrix DVD in hope of a box set.
Old 10-18-03, 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Tom Scholfield
I really would like to have an official announcment, I don't know if I should buy reloaded or not, and the possible box set is the reason
I think with a trilogy this popular, a boxset with all 3 movies is virtually guaranteed. Whether or not that boxset includes the animatrix or the matrix revisted however, remains to be seen.
Old 10-19-03, 02:22 PM
Banned

Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that a box set will be produced, but there's also no guarantee that it'll be anything other than the already-released discs. They could do something special for it, or they could just rehash what's been released, but there WILL be a box set, no doubt. I haven't heard any actual confirmation but there's no reason not to at least do a rehashed box. Hell, they could call it "The Matrix Rehashed" and it would sell like crazy.
Old 10-20-03, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
You could always order a custom box to fit your existing discs into.
Old 10-20-03, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by Josh Z

Expensive but very nifty.
Old 10-20-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Josh Z
Some of those boxes are fantastic . . . curious about how some of the boxes can hold different numbers of DVD's (e.g., the Blade box holds either 2 or 3 DVD's)? I'm assuming that there is something besides a single DVD-sized empty space . . . different sized boxes (that would change the design slightly, of course)? Anyone own any of them?

Anyway . . . very cool designs.
Old 10-20-03, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by talemyn
Some of those boxes are fantastic . . . curious about how some of the boxes can hold different numbers of DVD's (e.g., the Blade box holds either 2 or 3 DVD's)? I'm assuming that there is something besides a single DVD-sized empty space . . . different sized boxes (that would change the design slightly, of course)? Anyone own any of them?
My guess (for Blade) is that it's to have space for the third one if it comes out. I know I sure wouldn't want to pay $30 for a box only to have it be obsolete as soon as another volume is released. For, say, Robocop, some people would like to have the Criterion along with the MGM and the sequels.

I hope that if there is a box, I hope The Matrix: Remastered is part of it. If it is just a rehash, I would think that the first one will be in a keep case for consistency like they did with The Perfect Storm for the Wolfgang Peterson Collection.

Last edited by Drexl; 10-20-03 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-20-03, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just don't have the patience to wait for a possible box set.

And I don't have the whatever it is that you need (and I don't mean money!) to repurchase three movies I have already, for a few extras and a box. The three initial releases will have to do for me.
Old 10-20-03, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyway . . . very cool designs.
I own a Star Blazers one that he did custom for me. It is very cool, but the whole sequel potential for most movies is what prevents me from dropping 30 or 40 bucks down for most of these. I would love to have the Austin Powers box. Meyers said he was done with the series a few years back, but now there are rumors of a new one. Same with Die Hard, Willis said he was done, but now...
Old 10-22-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
I purchased an anime box set from him (Blue Gender) and asked him to add space for an extra disc because there is also a quasi-sequel/remake movie that I have on a disc from Asia that I wanted to fit in. He altered the artwork slightly to add extra space along the edges. Didn't seem to be much of a problem and he didn't charge me any extra for it.

The design of the Matrix box looks like it would be pretty simple to expand outwards to fit a variety of different sizes. Currently I already own the Animatrix+soundtrack CD box, the Matrix/Matrix Revisited box, and now Matrix Reloaded. If he could design a box to fit all of those plus the third movie in, that would be super! I'm going to wait until the third movie actually comes out on DVD before ordering, though, because we don't know what packaging configuration Warner will choose for it yet (snapper like the first film, or double-disc keepcase like Reloaded?).
Old 10-22-03, 01:05 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

At the least, I'd go so far as to say that the box will include the original Matrix in a keepcase (or Reloaded and Revolutions in snappers- which is much less likely). Other than that, what the box has to offer over owning the three DVDs individually remains to be seen...

Edit: Drexl already covered this, sorry...

Last edited by IIG; 10-22-03 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-22-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bcolon
[B]I own a Star Blazers one that he did custom for me. It is very cool ...QUOTE]

I'm so jealous!!!
Old 10-23-03, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chente
[B]
Originally posted by Bcolon
I own a Star Blazers one that he did custom for me. It is very cool ...QUOTE]

I'm so jealous!!!
Here is a picture if you are interested.

Old 10-23-03, 09:45 PM

Well, I hope it comes soon, I like the Matrix series! Anyone agree? Lol
Old 10-24-03, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just sold my Matrix (#1) and am holding off buying #2 (can always rent it) in anticipation of a forthcoming mega DVD box set. It's gonna be only the second box set I plan to keep (the other is the Humphrey Bogart collection - cool though woefully incomplete).

Might have to consider that Paul Champagne box when the time comes - looks yummy.

-Gunshy
Old 11-10-03, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'm waiting for a box set myself.

It had better include better transfers and dts sound this time... the 5.1 mix is weak - especially on reloaded. They should put the extras on a second disc. I'd also like to see Animatrix included as well as the story stuff from enter the matrix Pc game. I like commentaries and such. The making-of material they have released so far is just fine. Soundtracks would be cool too. I want all this for 40 bucks.
Old 11-10-03, 09:18 AM

I have bought the DVDs indivdually and the only way id buy a box set was if that was the only way to get revolutions or it had a nice DTS track.
Old 11-10-03, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the only thing that was good about the dd mix on reloaded was the bass.
Old 11-10-03, 10:44 AM

Actually, there is a report (I believe it was in Joel Silver's interview in the new STARLOG) that the brothers want to edit the three movies into one big film for a DVD release.
Old 11-10-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
That box site is pretty neat; I don't know if I'd ever buy one, but they are really cool. I especially like the box design on the top of the Hellraiser box.
Is that, like, legal? I know Fox usually cracks down on all sorts of fan-stuff, and while i don't know offhand if any of the properties on the website are Fox, you'd think other companies would be interested because the guy's running a business using these properties. I looked for a FAQ or something saying 'Characters are the property of their owners,' etc, but didn't say anything.
Oh, even cooler: "gold or silver anodized aluminum and brushed gold or silver ABS. " I was thinking they were cardboard.
Anyway--you'd think as much as they want to sell the Matrix line, and as net-savvy as most of the fans are, they'd at least unofficially announce plans for a box set, if any.
Old 11-10-03, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by Spooky
Actually, there is a report (I believe it was in Joel Silver's interview in the new STARLOG) that the brothers want to edit the three movies into one big film for a DVD release.
This would be quite interesting. Especially if they bring in the stuff from (like Trigger said) the Enter The Matrix video game. There's some great stuff in there that deserves to be seen without having to get sore thumbs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.