WEIRD xbox dvd question

Community
Search

WEIRD xbox dvd question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-03, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WEIRD xbox dvd question

Ok i got a question.........And who better to ask then the smartest dvd nerds on the planet. Alritie i watch widescreen movies on my xbox right, and even when i play a video game with wide screen............The widescreen bars seems to like bounce up and down and shake. It's pretty crazy. Now is this my tv or my xbox? See this is a good question and I know you nice people know the answer cuz ur all crazy smart and crazy rich with liek 7,000 dvds.

ps....dvd nerd is a POSITIVE thing.
Old 10-12-03, 03:35 PM

I think this belongs in Hardware.... But what do you mean "bounce up and down and shake"? Could you be more specific? Also, are you using composite, S-video, or component cables. And...what kind of set are you using...flat, HD, regular?
Old 10-12-03, 07:54 PM
Banned

The bars on my PS2 player do this. I was assuming that was due to the PS2's dvd player being a piece of crap though. My god, it's horrible..... I don't remember whether my XBOX did the same thing though. I have seen this effect on many cheaper DVD players. It may be an artifact of some kind being introduced by the player.
Old 10-12-03, 08:01 PM

Its the crappy dvd player on the xbox. I had the problem with my xbox that it zoomed in on widescreen dvds to try and make them fullscreen.