8 MILE (WS)(UBF) $ 13.99 x = $ 13.99
THE RING (WS) $ 14.40 x = $ 14.40
WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (LBX $ 18.73 x = $ 18.73
THRASHIN $ 8.66 x = $ 8.66
THE CHUCKY COLLECTION $ 23.87 x = $ 23.87
THE WES CRAVEN COLLECTION $ 23.87 x = $ 23.87
JOHN CARPENTER HORROR COLLECTION, $ 35.94 x = $ 35.94

To remove an item from your shopping cart, change
it's quantity to '0' and click 'update cart'.

Why Pay? $ 205.60
Total Savings: $ 51.74
Shipping: $ 12.95
Your Subtotal: $ 166.81

Just wanted to say thanks for the cool site.
Old 10-12-03, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And if you had been willing to wait a little longer, you could have saved the $12.95 in shipping charges, too . . .

Nice score though . . . I love DDD . . . they are my DVD daddy . . .
Old 10-12-03, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...if you had been willing to wait a little longer, you could have saved the $12.95 in shipping charges, too . . .
Indeed.

You know, it's funny about that subject of "S&H" .... When I collected VHS Tapes for a while, I never got FREE S&H on any of my orders (or seldom anyway); and it never bothered me. I was more than happy to shell out the way overpriced Shipping charges of sometimes up to $15.00 per order.

But now -- with DVD sites like DDD and DVD Empire (with 3 or more items) offering the great deal of Free S&H -- I absolutely can't stand the thought of spending a dime on S&H. Waiting an extra 2-4 days to save hundreds of dollars per year, to me, is the only way to go.

(Ahhhh.....the life of a cheapskate! Ain't it grand!!?? )
Old 10-12-03, 06:38 PM

(Ahhhh.....the life of a cheapskate! Ain't it grand!!?? )

or, you know, a few hundred maybe.
Old 10-12-03, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll pay whatever for S&H...just get the damn dvd to me asap. if that means overnight, super-duper-in-your-face service....tack it on the bill baby.

if I have to wait more than 48 hours for a dvd...I go balistic. thats if I've paid for it. at Borders....I order several dvds a week but can wait a few weeks. it's great ordering discs then not paying for them until they come in and they put them in my hands.
Old 10-12-03, 09:04 PM

I'll pay whatever for S&H...
But just think, Gut-Man, of the many, many MORE discs that could be obtained by adhering to more skinflint-like ways. The $$ saved on S&H = Additional titles to add to Profiler.

Cannot abide paying for S&H, ever.
Old 10-12-03, 09:15 PM

Originally posted by davidvp
But just think, Gut-Man, of the many, many MORE discs that could be obtained by adhering to more skinflint-like ways. The $$ saved on S&H = Additional titles to add to Profiler.

Cannot abide paying for S&H, ever.
I'll pass. I've been having too many close calls while skydiving of late. I might turn into a splatter spot any day now. I need the sh!t now....not later. really, if I wanted more dvds...I'd buy more dvds. the shipping I pay has nothing to do with how many I'm able to buy. c'mon man...I'm 40 and stable.
Old 10-12-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Or you could have used Columbia House which would have saved you a s***-ton more money, and what you spent there may have bought you three times as many DVDs.
Old 10-12-03, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally posted by reubs82
Or you could have used Columbia House which would have saved you a s***-ton more money, and what you spent there may have bought you three times as many DVDs.

I second that.....

Columbia House is the only answer.....

Patience!....you must learn Patience!

issues, say it with me, "Code: 23E is my friend".
Old 10-12-03, 11:02 PM

I need the sh!t now....not later. really, if I wanted more dvds...I'd buy more dvds. the shipping I pay has nothing to do with how many I'm able to buy.
To each his own.
If you want to spend hundreds upon hundreds of additional clams per year on delivery charges...more power to ya.

I'll choose the ol' Jack Benny route: Give 'em nothing! And then try to get some of THAT refunded even!
Old 10-12-03, 11:08 PM

By-the-by, thread-starter ........

I hope you'll add this to your Triple-D "haul" by picking up this gem for little more than a song. .......

How such a measly price point can possibly produce one iota of profit is beyond me. (They're probably hoping people will spend $12.95 for Overnight S&H to ship a single $5 disc.)

Last edited by davidvp; 10-12-03 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-12-03, 11:55 PM

To each his own.
If you want to spend hundreds upon hundreds of additional clams per year on delivery charges...more power to ya.

I'm fortunate enough to make hundreds and hundreds of clammers in a short time...just in tips. I only spend extra cash on my library. real $ dont touch it.
Old 10-13-03, 12:10 AM

OK everybody.....On the count of 3, let's rush gutwrencher and pummel him unabated until he agrees to "share" some of that disposable income.

(I'll even pay for the S&H on the brass knuckles we'll use on him.)

One....

Two....
Old 10-13-03, 12:16 AM

(I'll even pay for the S&H on the brass knuckles we'll use on him.)
even though my rott is only 9 months....he will rush that hand and eat it for dinner

Old 10-13-03, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you went through Columbia House you would have paid about a third of that.

Old 10-13-03, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Money is fungible, doesn't matter if it is a haul in tips or earned slowly but steadily as an hourly wage, (or very fast and steadily as an hourly billing rate). I'm sure this is going to sound elitist or maybe stodgy depending on ones' perspective, but what the hell, anyways - I think there is probably a connection between earning tips at 40 and being willing to pay out the nose for immediate gratification.
Old 10-13-03, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
I think there is probably a connection between earning tips at 40 and being willing to pay out the nose for immediate gratification.
yeah...the connection is called strong work ethic. I put myself into a position of owning a company that supplies tips to not only my employees...but to me...the owner. after all....I bust my ass to keep my #1 ranking with the the BBB and I bust my ass to keep my employees doing the same thing. I've even raised my rates to $120 per hour, justifiably, so my family and home remain stable. my tips are my bonus....for me only. my wife allows me to spend my tips anyway I see fit...as long as it stays within that hobby....collecting films. she always makes sure the master of the house is happy. in the end, it's my back thats breakin'...and I spend the $ however I want. it's a great feeling to be out of diapers and stable.

sorry to again get off topic...hard work ethic is a priority for me. something many young adults(25 and under) dont understand. I've been working hard since I was 16 and in HS. todays yougins' expect free handouts through mommy and daddy or from working without really working. it's hilarious when I hire younger, stronger backs to work for me. I'll do a few back to back 13 hour days.....and never see them again. yet the 40 year olds show up at 7am on the nose.

Old 10-13-03, 03:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I have such a large backlog of unwatched discs these days that I always choose free or cheap shipping. It's very rare that I watch a disc as soon as it arrives. And yes, DDD is totally goblin.
Old 10-13-03, 10:40 PM

I have such a large backlog of unwatched discs these days that I always choose free or cheap shipping. It's very rare that I watch a disc as soon as it arrives. And yes, DDD is totally goblin.
Copy that, "F" man!

I just got to thinking ..... With 13-hour work days in tow and dozens of new titles arriving weekly, I'm just curious as to how G-wrencher manages to watch all these DVD programs/movies right exactly on release day?? After all, if the "Wrench-ster" "goes ballistic" if a disc is delayed even a mere 48 hours past streeting, he MUST have created a new parallel universe that contains a new-fangled 39-hour day, in order to fit everything in. (Not to mention the countless hours spent here @ DVD Talk between DVD-watching sessions.)

(Does it sound like I'm picking on gut? Sorry if I've offended. I'm just having some fun typing on this nice friendly forum. I like all you guys. )

(And you can learn new words to expand a person's vocabulary here too ..... In this thread alone, I've discovered "fungible" and "goblin" (used in a non-Halloween sense I guess; a term of endearment, right??). Never heard the word fungible before. Guess I'm an illiterate. )

Last edited by davidvp; 10-13-03 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-13-03, 10:47 PM

I just got to thinking ..... With 13-hour work days in tow and dozens of new titles arriving weekly, I'm just curious as to how G-wrencher manages to watch all these DVD programs/movies right exactly on release day?? After all, if the "Wrench-ster" "goes ballistic" if a disc is delayed even a mere 48 hours past streeting, he MUST have created a new parallel universe that contains a new-fangled 39-hour day, in order to fit everything in.

the great thing about owning a company....my employees are my slaves. like cattle to Hitchcock. some days while they make me money...gut stays home and makes love to his dvds.
Old 10-13-03, 10:52 PM

OK, Gut, OK.

gut stays home and makes love to his dvds.
Gut has the messiest Amaray cases I've EVER encountered!
Old 10-13-03, 10:53 PM

You're not mad at me, are ya gut??

What's your business that garners you so much $$ in gratuities? (Telling me to go to Hell *is* a distinct option here. )
Old 10-13-03, 10:57 PM

You're not mad at me, are ya gut??

hell no, brother. I'm not a complete jerk.

..and thanks for the option. go to hell.
Old 10-13-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

(And you can learn new words to expand a person's vocabulary here too ..... In this thread alone, I've discovered "fungible" and "goblin" (used in a non-Halloween sense I guess; a term of endearment, right??). Never heard the word fungible before. Guess I'm an illiterate. )
davidp,

I'm surmising from the confounded nature of your missive, that, perchance, your erudition in the confines of your personal lexicon could avail itself via an expeditious perusal of my personal agglomeration of web sites consigned to the extension of idiomatic articulation.

Let me know if you are interested.
Old 10-13-03, 11:38 PM

Did talemyn just now call me a worthless bastard?? If so, I shall thoroughly enjoy relentlessly thrashing his wide assortment of eruditions, lexicons, and idiomatic agglomerations from pillar to post. Dude!!

"You keep using that word . . . I do not think it means what you think it means . . ."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.