Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Fight Club Re-release?

Fight Club Re-release?

Old 10-08-03, 12:16 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fight Club Re-release?

I can't find anything through on here regarding the Fight Club re-release next week (10/14) other than it in fact is occuring!

I understand that it has the same features as the OOP 2 disc, but I should have different packaging? Can anyone confirm that, perhaps with a pic of the new packaging? Thanks!
Old 10-08-03, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I can't confirm it, but i think that the packaging will at least be slightly different since the rereleased fox dvds from Best Buy are all numbered.
Old 10-08-03, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i didn't even know this was coming back out, but that's good for the people who hadn't been able to get it before it went OOP
Old 10-08-03, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was about to come in here and yell at you, newbie, but you do raise an interesting point. Although, you should have posted this in one of the many Fight Club threads that already exist.

I would think that if this were really being released next week, it would be advertised along with the other ones. I'm gonna check at work today and see if we have any on order.

K
Old 10-08-03, 07:34 AM
Banned

I hope it comes in a keep case this time. I hate the carboard cases no matter how good care I take of them the case always ends up looking old.
Old 10-09-03, 12:39 AM
Cool New Member

Well Corn? Anything at work you can tell us?

What do you mean that Fox DVD's are numbered? Like a individual Number like 1110 or 10000 Collectors dvds, or more like a Criterion?

And why doesn't this justify its own thread? By posting on an unrelated Fight Club thread (which there are non active in the past month or whatever search parameters I used), it goes to the end of a lot of material that has nothing to do with this concern! Resulting in a lot of reading for others to get to the question, and raises the possibility of someone not seeing this question and responding to something else in the old thread and resulting in a massive digression!
Old 10-09-03, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
5 Fox DVD's that had been out of print were re-released at Best Buy as an exclusive about a month ago. Independence Day, Cast Away, The Abyss, The Sound of Music, and Planet of the Apes. All of them had different packaging then the previous releases. All came in a digipak case similar to the style that the old Fight Club and Moulin Rouge discs were in. On the spine of each dvd was a number, 1-5, depending on the movie. For instance, my Independence Day is numbered 3. I forget the order of the others, but i'm assuming there's a strong possibility that other Fox DVDs that were out of print may continue this trend when they are re-released.
Old 10-09-03, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by weakerthans
Well Corn? Anything at work you can tell us?

What do you mean that Fox DVD's are numbered? Like a individual Number like 1110 or 10000 Collectors dvds, or more like a Criterion?

And why doesn't this justify its own thread? By posting on an unrelated Fight Club thread (which there are non active in the past month or whatever search parameters I used), it goes to the end of a lot of material that has nothing to do with this concern! Resulting in a lot of reading for others to get to the question, and raises the possibility of someone not seeing this question and responding to something else in the old thread and resulting in a massive digression!
Dude, but the first rule and the second rule kind of make all threads invalid!!

I thought most people immediately went to the most recent post in a thread anyway. That's what I do. Oh, well. If the moderators feel like keeping it open, more power to 'em.

I forgot to check the computer at work yesterday, as I spent most of the day filling them with gasoli.... I mean, casing up video games. I'll check today.

As far as them all being numbered, I don't think there was a real order to it, just 001 for Title A, 002 for Title B, etc.
K
Old 10-09-03, 06:04 PM
SeeNo Member

Originally posted by highlinder
I hope it comes in a keep case this time. I hate the carboard cases no matter how good care I take of them the case always ends up looking old.

I totally agree.
Old 10-09-03, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think if and when it's re-released, it'll be in a cardboard case, like all the other re-releases (The Abyss, Cast Away, Independence Day, Planet Of The Apes, and The Sound Of Music).

K
Old 10-09-03, 09:30 PM
Cool New Member

I'm leaning towards cardboard too.. Thats only because I read somewhere else today that when this company re-releases OOP, they only give new packaging to the discs that came in keep cases?

I love the cardboard cases, but how long till they start looking cruddy? I haven't had any of mine for too long.
Old 10-09-03, 09:36 PM

Yeah, that's the only problem with paper/cardboard type cases. They get so frayed at the corners.
I'm keeping my OOP Fight Club in pretty good condition though, Memento is in the same boat.
Old 10-09-03, 10:14 PM
Cool New Member

Don't even get me started on the memento casing, it takes at least five minutes to open the damned box, then you have to pass a test just to watch the movie!
Old 10-10-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally posted by weakerthans
Don't even get me started on the memento casing, it takes at least five minutes to open the damned box, then you have to pass a test just to watch the movie!
No you don't. Just click 'Watch' on the first menu.