Trouble Finding 10/7 Boxed Sets

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-03, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to 3 different cities and over 10 different stores and couldn't find: The Wes Craven Collection, The Chucky Collection or the Ultimate Vacation collection.

I did happen to find Vegas Vacation widescreen sold separatly so I did buy all 4 by themselves. And bought People Under the Stairs and Serpent and the Rainbow alone, but would like to find the Chucky Collection still
Old 10-08-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I want to know why Child's Play 2-3, BofC are all anamorphic while Child's Play is 1.33 only!? What is up with that... I will not buy any of them until the first one gets the proper treatment. Then I will get the box set w/ all 4 films. Why did they only do 2-4 in this new set?

EDIT: Oops, I forgot part 1 was put out by MGM... well then maybe the box set is good but MGM needs to get it together and re-release part 1 in anamorphic ws w/ extras!
Old 10-08-03, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I couldnt find the Wes Craven box and didnt see the Carpenter box. forgot to check for the Vacation set and I dont care for Chuck. I found what I was sure Best Buy would not have....Redemption's Zombie Collection.
Old 10-08-03, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 967 Likes on 683 Posts
Nobody around here has Vacation either. Best Buy said they have a dozen on order that would be in at the end of the week.
Old 10-08-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by gutwrencher
I couldnt find the Wes Craven box and didnt see the Carpenter box. forgot to check for the Vacation set and I dont care for Chuck. I found what I was sure Best Buy would not have....Redemption's Zombie Collection.
How is it? Have you had a chance to crack it open yet?
Old 10-08-03, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was looking for those same titles and so far have only been able to find the Wes Craven box (at a ridiculous price...so I'm waiting)... I really want the Chucky Collection... I love Chucky!

MATT
Old 10-08-03, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I couldnt find the vacation one either, I really want it.
Old 10-08-03, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by The Exister
How is it? Have you had a chance to crack it open yet?
sorry man....no. I meant to last night but ended up losing myself in The Great Silence. after learning of it's oop status....I just had to watch it for the 20th time!!!! outstanding film and in my top 20 of all time.

I'll try to get into the Z box tonight.
Old 10-08-03, 02:18 PM

I was looking for those same titles and so far have only been able to find the Wes Craven box (at a ridiculous price...so I'm waiting)...

I bought the Wes Craven Box from Deep Discount for $23.??. I preordered it a about 10 days before release and got it on friday4 days before the release (this was a first for DDD). I was very happy with the order escpecially the price $7 and change for each flick, delivered before the street date. The Wes Craven box is really nice, almost better than the basic DVD's inside. I really want to display this box, but I have to put the movies in order on my shelf, did the same with the Jack Ryan box set.
Old 10-08-03, 04:40 PM

Count me in as not being able to find the Vacation box set. Best Buy didn't even have it as being listed in their system. Oh well ... I guess I'll just get it on Amazon.
Old 10-08-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 967 Likes on 683 Posts
I'm glad they didn't have it now. I just got my preferred customer cupons for BB for this weekend. That will put it in the price range of online companies.
Old 10-09-03, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't see the Vacation box set at work today, but I did notice that we have The Wes Craven Collection and The Chucky Collection... Well, we did hae The Chucky Collection. I grabbed it and bought it after my shift for about $22 and some change w/ my discount. It was the only one we had (and mis-shelved in the horror section). I didn't even think we'd have it.

So, for those who are interested, might want to try your Best Buy in the Sci-fi horror section or the Collector's Sets (where it should be).

I also like how the whole box design is a parody of The Ultimate Scream Collection box, just as the original poster art was a parody of the Scream posters. Gotta love Chucky.

K
Old 10-09-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 89 Posts
no sign of the Vacation set here either. Crapped out at CC, Best Buy and Wal-mart. I haven't checked Suncoast, 'cause I ain't payin' full MSRP!
Old 10-09-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Picked up the Chucky Collection for $24.99 at Fry's, but had no problem finding it wherever I went.

Couldn't find the vacation set anywhere, including DVD Planet's B&M. So I decided to order it online from DDD, only I made a bit of an error.

DDD has two different listings for Vacation sets. They have one called the Vacation Collection for $44.05. DO NOT BUY THAT SET!!!

The one for $44.05 is a set made by DDD themselves, and it includes the old versions of Vegas Vacation and Christmas Vacation (in Full Frame). The 4 discs are strapped together, and no box is included.

There is also a set called the Vacation Gift Set, for $43.16. THIS IS THE ACTUAL BOX SET.

I made the mistake, and ordered the wrong set, but fortunately for me the one I ordered is backordered, so I should be able to change over to the correct one (or just cancel the order) without a problem. Still, it's a very confusing thing to do when you don't even say what you're getting when you buy something until after you order.
Old 10-10-03, 12:47 AM

good price here: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?PID=6157353
Old 10-10-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts
I received my Vacation set from Amazon yesterday.
I still haven't received my Warner Legends Collection from
Amazon and I ordered it in July. It is now past the estimated received by date and it hasn't shipped.
Old 10-10-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Checked all the usual suspects and most didn't even realize a Vacation Boxset was being released. Media Play offered to order it for me for $55. I ordered from Amazon for $41 instead.
Old 10-10-03, 03:35 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Trouble Finding 10/7 Boxed Sets

Originally posted by DVDProfessor
I went to 3 different cities and over 10 different stores and couldn't find: The Wes Craven Collection, The Chucky Collection or the Ultimate Vacation collection.
Not too many stores get many copies of boxsets.

a. call ahead so you don't waste time
b. even better, order over the Internet and (generally) save time, money and taxes.
c. get another username
Old 10-10-03, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: Trouble Finding 10/7 Boxed Sets

Originally posted by ctyankee
. . . c. get another username
Old 10-10-03, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've had terrible luck finding any boxsets lately at B&Ms. I've had to order Sports Night, Warners Classic Collection, the Ultimate Vacation Collection and the Scarface set via online stores.

Gone are the days of picking up sets from B&Ms (unless their very mainstream)??? I would think that the Vacation set was mainstream, but oh well.
Old 10-10-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I almost feel bad for saying it, but I found the Ultimate Vacation, Wes Craven, and Sports Night, sets in Best Buy tonight. I didn't look for Scarface or Chucky.

The worst part is that I don't even want any of them. Anyone want me to pick up a copy for them? I've got my 15% off coupon for Best Buy through the weekend . . .

BTW, that "Book Of The Dead" set is pretty cool . . it even feels creepy. I've got no interest in the movies, but the box is almost worth the purchase.
Old 10-10-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 89 Posts
sigh....gave up and did what I should have done from the start. Ordered the Vacation set tonight from DDD, $43.16 shipped.