Pulp Fiction Se IMPORTANT QUESTION

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-03, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my movie class some kid told me if you do somthing on the computer while playing the trivia game, you can watch the movie in it's correct order. Is this true? And how do I do it? I alredy won the trivia game so i dunno.
Old 10-04-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 490 Likes on 323 Posts
You should have asked instruction from the kid who told you that lie.

I don't know, I suppose it's possible there's such a feature, but it seems highly unlikely.
Old 10-04-03, 12:38 PM

The film is in it's actual order...(the order Tarantino want it to be viewed)
Old 10-04-03, 12:44 PM

i assume you mean something like the Memento SE easter egg?
Old 10-04-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What makes this question IMPORTANT?

Because you want to know the answer?

Well, I know the answer, but I'm not teling you, because you didn't ask nice.

Old 10-04-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just program the chapters in the chronological order (I don't know if you can do this but another poster said you could.)
Old 10-04-03, 04:26 PM

whoa i will ask nice now. PLEASE NICE MR. DVD TALK MEMBER can you tell me how to view it in chronoglical order. I would program the chapters, but thats hard work and even tho I've seen the move a billion times i probly would get very confused.
Old 10-04-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, now I will answer you.

The answer to your original question is:

No, I don't think so.
Old 10-04-03, 07:00 PM

Kinda defeats the object if you ask me.
Old 10-04-03, 10:16 PM

How would you watch Pulp Fiction in a chronological order? Some of the events in the film takes place simultaneously.
Old 10-05-03, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, the scene in the diner would be very odd.

I mean, would Yolanda say "If any of you ****ing pricks move, I'll execute every mother****ing last one of ya" or "If any of you ****ing pricks move, I'll execute every last one of you ************s?"
Old 10-05-03, 03:55 PM
Suspended

I don't think it'd be odd at all to watch it in chronological order.

yes the simultaneous stuff , you'd have to pick one way or the other, but the other 95% of the film, would be fine.

I like how everyone is so quick to preach, how we should only watch how the director intended, whether it be this or, OAR, or director's cut..

but it's funny how these are the same people who gripe about Lucas and his Star Wars special editions- WASn"t that the way, the "director envisioned it"????? - so get over it

i say if you purchase something, you should be able to view it, in anyway you see fit.
Old 10-05-03, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by lcnickell
...but it's funny how these are the same people who gripe about Lucas and his Star Wars special editions- WASn"t that the way, the "director envisioned it"????? - so get over it...
Don't put every one in the same bag here...I like quite much the special cut of the SW trilogy...but I also would like to get the original cut as well...

How can you possibly assume that everyone that posted here don't like the special cut???

Last edited by Tha Freak; 10-06-03 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-05-03, 06:28 PM
Suspended

i don't wanna go off the pulp fiction SE topic, I don't know of any way to access such a feature on the dvd.

The "same people", was a figure of speach, not like i did some research, though i'd say roughly 90% of the people can't stand the SW special editions.

My point, sticking with pulp fiction, ( or any movie) watch it , how you wanna watch it. i could care less how the director wanted me to watch it, or his "vision"--
Old 10-05-03, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
. . . though i'd say roughly 90% of the people can't stand the SW special editions.
Interesting guesstimate . . . I'm curious to know what it's based on.

I'm with you, Freak, I like a lot of the re-cuts/updates in the SW SE's.
My point, sticking with pulp fiction, ( or any movie) watch it , how you wanna watch it. i could care less how the director wanted me to watch it, or his "vision"--
Couldn't care how the director wanted you to watch it or his "vision"? Yes, you are free to watch the movie however you'd like, but that is a fairly disrespectful statement.

For the most part, a movie ony exists because of the directors vision and how he wants it to be seen. There wouldn't be a movie if it weren't for the director's "vision". I think that people have a tendency to forget that movies, no matter what their quality, are peices of art that represent a lot of hard work, creativity, and insight on the part of the directors (yes, there are many, many other people who take part in the creation, but it is ultimately under directorial guidence and are done to serve the way the director wants it to be seen in the end).

I am all for enjoying the movie the way that makes you happy, but statments like "i could care less how the director wanted me to watch it, or his 'vision'"? C'mon, man . . . show a little more respect for the directors and their experience, hard work, and talent.
Old 10-06-03, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I like how everyone is so quick to preach, how we should only watch how the director intended, whether it be this or, OAR, or director's cut and not something the studio forced him to change because they were forcefully editing content and did not give him final cut.

but it's funny how these are the same people who gripe about Lucas and his Star Wars special editions- WASn"t that the way, the director envisioned
making a lot more money by scrapping films that become culturally canonized in the public consciousness over the past 20 years and instead adding a few irrelevant CGI scenes and major plot/character changes

i say if you purchase something, you should be able to view it, in anyway you see fit.
I agree with your last statement. But that doesn't mean they should make it easy for you to do.

Nickmondo:

1. Have your buddy show you the film in order. Or call him a liar.
2. View the film in order from your perspective. Sure, there's work involved but if you don't want to do the work you don't really want to see it in order, now do you?
Old 10-06-03, 11:31 AM

talmyn,

Very well said.
Old 10-06-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I seem to recall an interview with Tarantino where he said he wrote the script in the same order that the film presents it. Now that's one F'd up brain.
Old 10-06-03, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally posted by Movie_Man
I seem to recall an interview with Tarantino where he said he wrote the script in the same order that the film presents it.
Well, duh.
Old 10-06-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wonder what true romance would look like if it were presented originally seen in Tarantino's head (I'd f elvis, then the sam jackson scene, then leading up to Hopper's introduciton, ect)