Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Fast and the Furious Tricked Out- Any reason to buy this if I own original and 2Fast?

Community
Search

Fast and the Furious Tricked Out- Any reason to buy this if I own original and 2Fast?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought 2Fast 2Furious yesterday and noticed that the bonus features "Tricking Out a Hot Car" and the short movie prelude that links parts 1 & 2 from the Tricked-Out edition are also included on the DVD for 2Fast 2Furious. So is there any reason I should buy the Tricked Out Edition of part 1 if I already own the original? The only reason I was considering it was the two bonus features I listed above, but since they are on the part 2 DVD, I don't think I need it. Are there any other special features on the Tricked Out but not on the original release? I guess on Tricked Out you can only watch most of the deleted scenes/ making of things in an Infinifilm sort-of-way, while clicking something while watching the movie. I'd rather just watch the bonus stuff separate from the movie, besides the commentary.
Old 10-03-03, 08:34 AM
Suspended

I have Fast and Furious TOE. It has a problem with some players. You cannot get rid of the subtitles during the movie. My player is a Toshiba 5109.
Old 10-03-03, 08:53 AM

Right. So I shouldn't buy it then? Do you own the original version also? Are there any special features besides the short movie and tricking out a hot car (hosted by a Playboy Playmate by the way!) that are on the TOE but not on the first release, besides being able to click stuff while watching the movie?
Old 10-03-03, 09:15 AM

Sell the one you have don't bother with the TOE...and get a good movie.
Old 10-03-03, 10:00 AM
Rest in Peace

I own the original and it's good enough me me, Vin Diesels character said why "Because I owe you a 13 second car" quote from the movie "The Fast and The Furious".
Old 10-03-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Veej
Sell the one you have don't bother with the TOE...and get a good movie.
cool new member: you're threadcraps aren't wanted here.

Some ppl actually liked this movie, incl. myself due to ill cars and hot cars (and the plot wasn't as bad as most make it out to be).
Old 10-03-03, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by danol
I own the original and it's good enough me me, Vin Diesels character said why "Because I owe you a 13 second car" quote from the movie "The Fast and The Furious".
You mean ten second car, right?

As for the original poster's dilemma - keep the original version.
Old 10-03-03, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by Dabaomb
cool new member: you're threadcraps aren't wanted here.

Some ppl actually liked this movie, incl. myself due to ill cars and hot cars (and the plot wasn't as bad as most make it out to be).

Hi Da Bomb....( Loook da bomb...da bomb
)

Everyones got an opinion...if you think those cars were hot then more power to you (in your case nitro), cause I also thought they were kinda ill......like you did..

Last edited by Veej; 10-03-03 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-03-03, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Veej
Hi Da Bomb....( Loook da bomb...da bomb
)

Everyones got an opinion...if you think those cars were hot then more power to you (in your case nitro), cause I also thought they were kinda ill......like you did..
Gotta love cool new members