Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

life of brian Q's?

life of brian Q's?

Old 10-03-03, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
life of brian Q's?

Does anyone know the formula that Criterion uses for deciding when a dvd will go OOP? I was planning on waiting on getting Life of Brian for x-mas since its already October and its not that much further, but now I am worried, as I saw somewhere online, that they may stop it before then. Any help?

Also, i thought i read on here somewhere that they are already working on a special edition that is different from the Criterion and will be released after the Criterion edition is OOP, and has more special features than any edition currently released.

...and to drive home this trilogy of MP questions, is there any new news on when a fixed version of Meanin of Life is going to be out for retail.

Thanks, and i apologize in advance if this thread breaks any rules, I'm new and I'm still learning.
Old 10-03-03, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No formula like Disney. Criterion will continue to sell a given dvd until whomever holds the rights to a given film says stop or Criterion's contract to sell that film expires.

Regarding MP:MOL Universal has set up a toll free number to request a replacement disc. Search the forum for the number (sorry I don't have it at hand). I called when they responded to me but have yet to receive my return envelope. The fixed disc will be ready to ship in November.
Old 10-03-03, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 477 Likes on 314 Posts
As far as I know, Criterion is still offering their Life of Brian even though another edition just came out. Still, I'm certain that the Criterion version will be readily availible for some time to come. It seems to be one of their most popular DVD's (I've seen it in the DVD section of any store I've visited), so even if they were to announce on their website tomorrow that it was OOP, I'm sure you'd have little difficulty tracking down a copy.
Old 10-03-03, 01:47 PM

Thanks you guys for the info but I was actually wondering when the new SE was going to be released and if it will be better than the Criterion

...and when will the corrected disc for MP:MOL be available to buy in the stores.