Reload this Page >

Kill Bill Dvd News!!!

Community
Search

Kill Bill Dvd News!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-03, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm dissapointed to hear Vol. I and II are being released seperately. That means it could cost upwards of $60 Canadian for both parts. That's way too much but since I love the movie I'll bend over and get it and then get the big set. Still its nice to hear that the film will be getting the treatment it deserves.
Old 10-02-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'd probly just go with the super-set.
Old 10-02-03, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hee hee, Hope they don't shift that watch that I have hidden up there when I'm taking it with there triple dipping...
Old 10-02-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 697 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally posted by WillieTheShakes
Can we feel free to disagree with this list too?
Double-dipping is fine with me - if I don't want the second release (Fargo), I won't buy it.
But I sure wouldn't want any faceless Internet DVD policy to keep me from seeing the LOTR Special Editions, Almost Famous/Untitled, Shakespeare in Love Sp Ed, Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs, Grave of the Fireflies, Roger Rabbit, Die Hard, Se7en, etc, etc, etc.
Don't like it? Don't buy it. But don't dictate to me...
and
Originally posted by REL77
I cant agree more. I am so sick and fed up of people complaining about more and BETTER versions coming out. If you want the best and you like the movie, you will buy it, its that simple. Do people complain about cars coming out each year. BUT WAIT, A NEW CAMRY CAME OUT LAST YEAR, and its similar, but differant enough to warrant a new version. Come on guys, atleast we are getting what we want, THE BEST. I can not blame a company for rereleasing movies. Robin Hood: POT, the first version wasnt good, but it was the movie, and now the 2 disk comes out and its great. GET OVER IT
Um... guys? My sarcasm clock was resting comfortably at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-02-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 697 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Damn right! ... that is, if "truer" meant "more sarcastic".
Ya know kid, I've always liked you. You can be my wingman anytime.
Old 10-02-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,419 Likes on 1,038 Posts
You know, I'm not a Tarantino fan outside of FDTD, but buzz and the trailers have got me a little excited to see this. Plus, I have to agree with QT about being a collector. Releasing movies like Enough twice? That's tacky. Lord of the Rings? Bring it on.
Old 10-02-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm middle of the road as for double dips, but most pre-announced douple dips are for a reason. Peter Jackson might not have the time to do a full fledged EE by August (although that is debateable), Cameron Crowe was working on Vanilla Sky and couldn't do an Almost Famous Bootleg. I'm not sure why Kill Bill can't be an awesome set from the get go. Isn't the thing all shot and basically cut already?
Old 10-02-03, 10:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
the dc would be I guess the asian version (they had to "tone it down some" to get an R ratign according to ew.
Funny how I stated this over in the Movie Thread forum and you replyed

Originally posted by Rypro 525
i read they talked with him but it is an r uncut.
Old 10-02-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
and
Um... guys? My sarcasm clock was resting comfortably at 11:45 PM.
You might have been kidding, but the points you raised are ones regularly raised by the anti-double-dip brigade. Given their prevalence (and vocalness) on this board, I think we can be excused for missing the sarcasm...
Old 10-02-03, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll be buying all of them, no doubt!

TARANTINO IS GOD.
Old 10-02-03, 11:11 PM

The Internet DVD Rules for Double-Dipping

RULE #1: Releasing a DVD twice, for any reason, is grounds for death by torture.

RULE #2: Rule #1 does not apply to Peter Jackson, but we would like to see him eat more fish and vegetables.

RULE #3: If a DVD was released in the extreme early days of the format's inception, it does not matter. Double dipping is a no-no. Any improvement in picture quality, anamorphic enhancement, audio performance, and buttloads of geekworthy extra supplements will simply have to wait for the next home video format to emerge.

Feel free to append to this list.
INCREDIBLY DISAGREE with RULE #3 -.. One word... GoodFellas. It's coming.. I'm holding my breath and a flipper is completely worthy of double-dipping. At least Tarantino is including new content, yeah it's a sleezy marketing scam, but we all benefit. If it were "American Pie rerelease number 5 Ultimate Pie Edition" or something yeah, but it's Tarantino and his extras just don't suck. Come on, they filmed the entire "Chicks with Guns" segment for Jackie Brown.. how cool is that?
Old 10-03-03, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Tarantino
TARANTINO IS GOD.
A bit full of yourself, aren't you?
Old 10-03-03, 12:45 AM

RULE #1: Releasing a DVD twice, is grounds for death by torture.

RULE #2: Rule #1 does not apply to movies where multiple versions are announced BEFORE the release of any version to DVD.

RULE #3: Do not talk about Fight Club. (I totally disagree with your third rule. All movies released with non-anamorphic versions should be encouraged to release a 2nd version. If you don't need the animorphic version, you don't need to doubledip)

I've appended above. I think that when multiple versions are announced before the release of the first version, there should be no problems. I laugh at people who said that they were pissed they HAD to buy LOTR again because it was coming out twice. If you don't do a few seconds of research on your purchaces, then its your own fault. Plus I changed rule 2 because no one director should be excluded. The next thing Peter Jackson does could be shit, you never know.

Last edited by paul.n3w; 10-03-03 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-03-03, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Or, if you have the opinion I do, what he's done so far is shit.

It's double dipping. It happens. It's part of collecting and doing the necessary research. I haven't bought movies I liked because I'm waiting (Goodfellas, Rules of Attraction).
Old 10-03-03, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll get both of the individual releases and the complete edition if they're worth it. And it's not really double-dipping, since there will be three dvd releases for two movies. It's more like one-and-a-half-dipping.
Old 10-03-03, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No way I'm buying both sets. I don't mind buying the LOTR EE sets because they have some incredible extra footage that makes the movie that much better, but with Kill Bill it appears that there will be no difference in the 3 dvd releases except for the extras, so I'll wait for the big 3-disc set Tarantino has planned.
Old 10-03-03, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At least he's giving us fair warning that 3 sets are coming out. That's better than Vol 1 hitting DVD and finding out 3 months later that a Vol 1 and 2 DVD set is coming out.
Old 10-03-03, 09:47 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

RULE #1: Releasing a DVD twice, for any reason, is grounds for death by torture.

RULE #2: Rule #1 does not apply to Peter Jackson, but we would like to see him eat more fish and vegetables.

RULE #3: If a DVD was released in the extreme early days of the format's inception, it does not matter. Double dipping is a no-no. Any improvement in picture quality, anamorphic enhancement, audio performance, and buttloads of geekworthy extra supplements will simply have to wait for the next home video format to emerge.

I feel free to re-write the Double-dipping rules:

The Rules for Double-Dipping

Rule #1 - Don't speak about double-dipping until you understand double-dipping. Double-dipping is from the producer's standpoint not the consumer's. Any repeated releases of a film in any form of media (DVD, VHS, Laserdisc, Hi-def, etc is double-dipping.

Rule #2 - Double-dipping is not just forgivable but encouraged (as an offering to the potential viewer) for the following:

a. Better and more comprehensive release e.g. Lord of the Rings stuff - only when said mentioned release is announced at the time prior to first release.

b. New found gold. E.g. original negative is found in fine condition in a cave dungeon of the 84 year-old prostitute Mistress Unga. It will replace the fourth generation copy found in a pickle barrel in Passaic, New Jersey.

c. Better format or recovery process used. Let's face it, VHS sucks compared to DVD and if something comes along that makes DVD look like it sucks, we will all buy it. 'Nuff said.

Rule #3. Violation of the above dooms the seller to more than the scorn of viewers everywhere for being the marketing dog/lawyer-loving witch that they are. Penalty? Go straight to hell - do not pass go - and an afterlife of doing handstands in deep pig dip.
Old 10-03-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rule #1: There is no double-dipping.

Rule #2: There IS NO DOUBLE-DIPPING.
Old 10-03-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Double dipping is fine as long as it's an improvement... ALL crappy non-anamorphic transfers need to be dipped. I'm growing old here waiting for a proper release of The Wild Bunch. You listening WB? You bastards!

OT - Hmmm... This news changes my Kill Bill strategy. Guess I'll go see the films in the theater now and wait for the big all-in-one DVD set.
Old 10-03-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like double dipping.
Old 10-03-03, 11:57 AM
Registered

Here's a review of Vol 1 movie:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=7771
Old 10-03-03, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well considering that some gory violence had to be 'toned' down to get an R rating as Tarantino states in the new Entertainment Weekly issue & that Miramax is releasing it. I guess we can kiss any chance of an unrated version goodbye?

From the photos shown in Fangoria & the body count stated to be inumerably high that they've lost count(Tarantinos words). The film should be an extreme all out gorefest. Just will suck if the more juicy moments get hacked for ratings reasons. Considering this will not be the case of Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction which have very little graphic violence(it's mostly implied) & all the gore galore is in plain view(unless the MPAA says something,which it appears they did). I hope the R version is not totally butchured or that the uncensored version gets released elsewhere. At least we would have a chance to see it as intended.

Now maybe Miramax wanting to cash in with multiple releases would attempt an unrated release sometime despite their crappy policy? Afterall,who would have thought Paramount would even dare mention the possibility of unrated releases with the Friday the 13th series?
Old 10-03-03, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by JonTurner
Just saw it today... I've never been a Kung Fu fan of any sort, and yet I really liked the film anyway. It's extremely violent, so much so that it's funny at times, but anyway... I don't think it's up to par with Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs by any means, and unfortunately it's really lacking the humor, but Kung Fu fans are going to absolutely love it - 8/10
hey Jon, where dija watch this at? i'm in NC too and am dying to watch this! although i'm in Charlotte, i would not mind driving up to Raliegh(or Greensboro/Winston) to catch it are there any sneak previews or anything this weekend?

Last edited by wildzero84; 10-03-03 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-03-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Madstone in Cary - it was a press screening - I don't know know of any other early screenings around here.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.