Search

2 Fast 2 Furious Target Bonus Disc

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-03, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4,040 Likes on 2,880 Posts
2 Fast 2 Furious Target Bonus Disc

Hey everyone
I don't know if any of you purchased 2 Fast 2 Furious from Target, but I noticed the most redundant thing ever in my years of watching and buying DVD's. The Sunday Target ad advertised a special "exclusive" Target only Making of: Disc that is included with the set.

Indeed this is true, bought the disc on Tuesday and there was an extra bonus disc that included a 17 minute Making of feature.

However, here's the part that baffled me....I started going the the actual DVD's extras menu and discovered this exact same 17 minute feature is already on the movie disc!!

Now, I wonder what moron at Universal thought it would be clever to included a bonus disc to Target customers of something that is already on the DVD!!

Idiots!!
Old 10-01-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's some pretty bold-faced stupidity on display there from whoever decided to include it. I guess they encourage backing up our discs now?

On a different note, but same movie...does anyone know if/when the "tricked out" version of this will show up? I don't want to buy this now if I think another will show up with more documentaries on making the flick. It was filmed right near where I used to live and I was out there for a few days watching some of the stunts being filmed.

So to recap: redundant second disc - bad. "Upgraded version" of movie to come out any time soon or at all?
Old 10-02-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4,040 Likes on 2,880 Posts
The DVD has a pretty abundant amount of stuff already. But, as many of you already know, most movie studios are never happy with one version and they always, I mean always want to cash in on making the consumer trade in their old version, lose 15 bucks or so and buy the "new and improved" deluxe version.

As for me, I bought the 1st Face and Furious version and was very happy with it and I am pretty happy with this one as well.
Old 10-02-03, 02:08 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok. I was debating if I should get the Target or the Best Buy version. Sounds like the BB version is a better buy since it includes a film cell collectible. I don't need a bonus disc whose content is already on the exact disc.
Old 10-06-03, 09:17 PM

Most of the content that is on the free Target one is also on the main DVD, however, after watching both just now, they are not the same. The confusing thing is that they were given the same title, which would make you think they were identical, but they're not.

Just thought I'd clarify that for folks.
Old 10-06-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats good. I haven't watched the bonus disc yet so I'll have to watch for the differences.
Old 10-07-03, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, they're slightly different. I too was surprised when i popped it in and it started exactly the same as the one on the main disc. There are only like a few extra scenes or lines said by the actors. Nothing in particular that adds to the actual making of the movie.
Old 10-09-03, 02:32 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I already went for the BB one with the bonus film cell. Though the target bonus disc has a slightly different version of the making-of from the main disc, I guess I won't miss it
Old 10-09-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the claification, all. i'll give it a spin this weekend to check the differences.