Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Anyone watch dvd's while using a treadmill?

Community
Search

Anyone watch dvd's while using a treadmill?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-03, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 days a week. On my 57 in HD Widescreen RPTV with volume up and subtitles on. In the dedicated workout/hometheater room.

Episodes of Buffy or Angel - never saw 'em on TV, only DVD. May be getting Babylon 5 next.

40 minutes...perfect length for me.
Old 10-02-03, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dwell on the same board with people who watch a lot of films and keep in shape doing it...

... how long before we have the new race of super-fit movie geeks, then?
Old 10-02-03, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
I dwell on the same board with people who watch a lot of films and keep in shape doing it...

... how long before we have the new race of super-fit movie geeks, then?
Don't worry Don . . . I will do absolutely everything in my power to make sure that I stay merely a movie geek!
Old 10-02-03, 05:10 AM

I watch on an old notebook hooked up to external speakers. I'm surprised how good the 2 channel surround sounds on it.

I usually watch commentaries and extras on the treadmill though. I save the movie itself for the big screen.
Old 10-02-03, 10:04 AM

Funny you should ask...I had the feeling recently that I was buying lots of DVD box sets without having the time to wach them more than once. So two weeks ago I bought a relatively inexpensive TV and DVD player just to put in my basement in front of my exercise bike.

I used to read on my bike to pass the time, but having a DVD on just makes the time *fly* by. Best purchase I ever made. I plan to get a treadmill soon for variety's sake. I feel that having the DVD's to watch make exercising more fun, and I feel like I'll be getting more use out of some DVD's I've otherwise watched only once.

BTW, for maximum enjoyment, I'll continue to watch new DVD's on my theater set-up. I'll keep the exercise viewing limited to commentaries and repeat viewings.
Old 10-02-03, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't hooked up my DVD player in my exercise room yet, but I do have a Tivo down there. So I've been working out on my elliptical trainer while I catch up on my hour-long network shows. Once I get in the habit of working out every day (which is a goal I am working towards) I'll probably need more media to watch and try and hook up a DVD player there.

The problem is most of the DVDs I need to watch, my husband also wants to see, so I usually need to watch DVDs with him. For example, he never watched Star Trek and I have been watching the DS9 and TNG boxes with him (when we have time).

I'd probaby hae less of a backlog of wnwatched DVDs if I were single, because it's hard finding time when we both are free to watch stuff.
Old 10-02-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes as a matter of fact I do. I won't even get on the treadmill unless I can put something on the tv... but I always turn on the subtitles because the treadmill's pretty loud.
Old 10-02-03, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nope, I one of those people who needs to gain some weight. I have a high metabolism. I know I know....poor me. I also do physical labor in the morning.

Edit: I don't even know why I posted to this thread. Just bored I guess and a little self-esteem boost never hurts.