Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Anyone Able to Find "Warner Legends Collection"?

Old 09-30-03, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warner Bros. released "Adventures of Robin Hood," "Treasure of Sierra Madre" and "Yankee Doodle Dandy" today. There is supposed to be a box set that includes all these titles, plus a fourth disc (a docu) titled "Here's Looking at You."

I went to Best Buy, Borders, Circuit City, Target, Wal-Mart and Barnes and Noble and was unable to find the box set, which is called "Warner Legends Collection."

I had to settle for purchasing the three films separately. Anyone able to find this box set anywhere? (I know, I know, I should've ordered this online: next time!!!)
Old 09-30-03, 08:20 PM

Even at amazon.com, it's listed as "Ships in 3 to 4 WEEKS"!!! I pre-ordered this set back in July...I guess I don't get any preference in shipping time!
Old 09-30-03, 09:00 PM
SeeNo Member

My local Borders got it in. I would of bought it right then but my money was slim after I managed to get one of the last Scarface giftsets left at BB. By the way if anybody found it and bought it could you tell me if the 7th disc is any good.

Last edited by Kinyo; 10-02-03 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-30-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I ordered from overstock on Thursday (with a 10% coupon) and got in on Monday. If Amazon is so behind, I'd recommend going with Overstock.
Old 09-30-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I couldn't find it either, so I ordered it from amazon.ca
Old 09-30-03, 09:39 PM

No luck finding it either. Someone told me that it won't be in stores for another couple of weeks.

Any chance that Warner Bros will send you the 7th disc if you showed you purchased the other 3 titles separately?
Old 10-01-03, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by k_lodge
No luck finding it either. Someone told me that it won't be in stores for another couple of weeks.

Any chance that Warner Bros will send you the 7th disc if you showed you purchased the other 3 titles separately?
Considering the fact that by buying them separately you payed 10% - 20% more than if you you bought the box I say that they should. But of course, they won't. It will cost them too much to set up (or outsource) the infrastructure to handle the requests.
Old 10-01-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 434 Likes on 303 Posts
My local Tower had ONE copy of the box - their regular price for it is $70, but they were selling it for $60 yesterday - I snatched it up.
Old 10-01-03, 04:24 PM

I got mine on Tuesday 9/30 from Amazon. I had pre-ordered in August. I used overnight shipping.
Old 10-01-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My order at Amazon says it will ship on Oct. 6th. For $48 and no shipping charges, I can wait.
Old 10-01-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by indycohiba
My order at Amazon says it will ship on Oct. 6th. For $48 and no shipping charges, I can wait.
Same here--well October 7th actually. I really don't want to wait, but it's not as if I don't have plenty to watch anyway, so I will.
Old 10-04-03, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jericho
I ordered from overstock on Thursday (with a 10% coupon) and got in on Monday. If Amazon is so behind, I'd recommend going with Overstock.
I ordered it from Overstock.com on 9/18 and my order still is listed as In-Process as of 10/4. I also noticed this morning that their listing for Warner Legends Collection has been removed from their web site. On top of that I paid for it on 9/18. I do not think I will be back to Overstock again.
Old 10-04-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered mine from Overstock on 10/1 after I couldn't find it in any stores. it shipped the next day.
Old 10-04-03, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Recieved mine from amazon.ca yesterday..Nice looking set!!

Started watching AORH the colours look vibrant and crisp better than anything I've ever seen on tv!

Another excellent job by Warner and Digital Lowry!!

PS Let's hope they increase these SE'S disc from their vaults to more than 5/year..I'd buy them all when they're this well done!
Old 10-04-03, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by greatjedi
I ordered mine from Overstock on 10/1 after I couldn't find it in any stores. it shipped the next day.
I finally got a shipping notice today, 10/4. I do not think I would pre-order again from them again.
Old 10-04-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by ernestrp
I finally got a shipping notice today, 10/4. I do not think I would pre-order again from them again.
I'm all for not preordering from Overstock, but wouldn't blame this one on them. I think the demand for the set was just grossly underestimated. I preordered from Amazon, who in the past has always been very good about sending things in a timely fashion, and mine still hasn't shipped. Disappointing, but it will be all that much sweeter when it finally does arrive.
Old 10-04-03, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ginwen
I'm all for not preordering from Overstock, but wouldn't blame this one on them. I think the demand for the set was just grossly underestimated. I preordered from Amazon, who in the past has always been very good about sending things in a timely fashion, and mine still hasn't shipped. Disappointing, but it will be all that much sweeter when it finally does arrive.
I was not complaining about mine not shipping until I had read someone had ordered it after me got it before the release date and I had already been charged for it several days before they made their order. I think there is a problem when they charge you for something when you order and forget about you.
Old 10-04-03, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ordered the set from Amazon 9/28, received it 10/2.