Community
Search

Airport '77 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-03, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport '77 anyone?

I need a snapper conversion (or a custom) of the Airport '77 Goodtimes DVD to replace a damaged case I just received. Can anyone help me out? If you want credits at DCA, I've already posted a request there.
Old 09-19-03, 07:03 PM

I also own the Airport '77 Goodtimes DVD & the Laserdisc of the film. I've been considering doing a custom cover using the LD art as a basis. Of course since so many people on this forum seem to have such a low opinion of my work you may wish to wait for someone else to attempt it. Based on your request, I think I'll work on it. I'll post it to The DVD Greek Site and you can decide on your own.
Old 09-20-03, 10:37 AM

That would be great. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. And for the record, I do not have a low opinion of your work. Several of your covers are currently featured in my collection as a matter of fact.
Old 09-20-03, 03:42 PM

Thanks. I'm going to do it in a similar vein to my covers for Airport & Airport 75. I've done some early work on the front already.
Old 09-21-03, 11:30 PM

Joliom the cover is ready for download at the DVD Greek.com site. Use the link from the earlier post. You need to register to download if you are not already. I could not match it as closely to the Airport & Airport 1975 covers because I had no access to portait images of the stars from the film. This resource was available to me for the Airport & Airport 1975 covers.
Old 09-22-03, 08:35 AM

Got it, thanks. Now I might need to go ahead and download your other Airport covers so I can make a matching set. I've been collecting these for my father, who likes all the '70s disaster pics. Any plans for Airport '79? I don't know if I'm going to pick that one up yet or not being that it was pretty lame, but I might just to be a completist.
Old 09-22-03, 09:17 AM

If you could wait a short time, I plan to redo the backs of the two earlier covers. I am not happy with that part of those two covers. No, I don't own the Concorde fourth part. I hated it when I saw it in the theatre.
Old 09-28-03, 08:05 PM
Rest in Peace

I know the Airport 77 is OOP and worth a few bucks

I to have the Goodtimes DVD 1H54M long 'mono', but my disc insert and cover art is in a keepcase. My insert is only printed on one side, but this is no boot! I also have Airport 75 (Charleton Heston) and a Wide Screen of Airport (1970) still 'wrapped', the only one I am missing and it's because it hasn't come out is the one with the mach 2 (2 times the speed of sound, 1500+ M.P.H. ) Concorde, the 'plane' is now retired from service.

Keepcase is from 2001 with 18 chapters and a LBX not anamorphic, with it going OOP, there will never be a 'anamorphic' IMHO.

P.S. Arthur Haileys book inspired this movie and my favorite charactor is played by George Kennedy.
Old 09-30-03, 07:03 AM

I don't care about the insert - just the cover.