Community
Search

Spy shows on DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-03, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Spy shows on DVD?

Any word on Get Smart,Man From UNCLE.Girl From UNCLE or Mission Impossible?
I think Paramount owns Get Smart and Mission Impossible and WB owns the other two.Is there a demand for older shows on TV from the sixties?
Old 09-13-03, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the demand is certainly there and as the upcoming releases of Dick Van Dyke, Mr. Ed, Green Acres, and Gilligan's Island along with the already released Avengers, I Spy, Prisoner, and the Saint prove, the studios are quite willing to put these out.

I certainly have no inside knowledge, but I have a strong feeling that Get Smart will be out by the end of 2004 due to the strong fan base this show has.

Man From Uncle sounds like something A&E would put out even though Warners owns them. Perhaps they could be persuaded to do something with it.

If there's ever a 3rd MI movie, I would guess that the TV show would be issued as a tie-in.

My hope is that Get Smart, which is one of my 5 all time favorite comedies, has all 5 seasons released while Don Adams is still with us (he turned 80 earlier this year) so he can contribute his insights and wit to these releases. In real life, he's a close pal of Hugh Hefner so I see him everytime A&E runs one of those "Inside the Playboy Mansion" specials.

Although not "spy" shows, the other 3 shows from the 60's I would love to have are "Perry Mason", "I Dream of Jeannie", and "My Three Sons".
Old 09-13-03, 11:10 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
I just ordered the 1st season Danger Man set from DDD. It's like $53 for all 39 30min episodes.
Old 09-14-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one spy show from the 60's I really wish they would put out on DVD is Mission Impossible.

I grew up watching The Man From Uncle. But, I have fonder memories of the show as a kid. A few years ago FX was showing the Uncle episodes. They weren't as good as I remember.

Get Smart would also be great on DVD.

The I Spy show with Robert Culp and Bill Cosby have suprisingly held up very well. Plus the DVD's are very cheap.