Grrr! I lost a DVD! Have you?

Community
Search

Grrr! I lost a DVD! Have you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-03, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by zeek
A freind of mine is not missing several titles...
I would think that he would be happy if he wasn't missing several titles. I usually am.

The only one that I've actually lost was stolen. The door to my apartment didn't get shut all the way (one of my roommates...) and somebody walked right in and took The Sopranos Season 3, which was sitting on my couch. It was more of a slap in the face than anything though, because they didn't touch anything else. They left about 200 DVDs untouched including seasons 1 & 2.

A lot of times I lose track of my DVDs when my roommates lend them out (they've been told several times not to do so). I don't mind letting my friends borrow my movies, but I want to be the one lending them out. Or sometimes somebody will ask me if they can borrow a movie after I've been out partying a little to hard.

*sigh* I do miss that Sopranos set though. I'm too poor to buy it again right now.
Old 09-11-03, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Roto
this thread is begging for an intervention! you make it sound like you lost your wedding ring. It's not even out of print. If you're that freaked out about it just buy another one. You say pretty much only one person ever borrows them, yet you make a checkout system now?
yup, that way i'm 100% sure i know whats out at any given moment.

i'm partially to blame for not keeping track of all of my titles, but i never imagined that one would turn up missing.

i've cross-referenced my dvd-afficiando list to make sure nothing else is missing. sure enough, it's only old school.

sure, i'll buy another if i must. but i can't stop thinking about where the hell it went! i am very clean and tidy, organized and such. so this is very unusual.
Old 09-11-03, 07:09 PM

Re: Grrr! I lost a DVD! Have you?

Originally posted by db27
So, ever lost a DVD?
Hey, maybe it's like that really obese woman who was taken to hospital on a flat bed truck a few years ago. They found things in the folds of her skin...including her remote!!!

Just a thought!
Old 09-11-03, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
redhenry

I don't think we really want to go there----
Old 09-11-03, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've lost 2,

The Big Hit (crappy, don't really care anymore)

and LA Confidencial (Still kinda pissed)
Old 09-12-03, 04:02 AM

On a related note every time I loan out The Iron Giant I can guarantee that I won't ever see it again, now when I loan one out I just tell the person they can have it and buy a new one, when they ask why I just say "you'll see..." and sure enough they never want to part with it once they have seen it.
Old 09-12-03, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once I lent some PC Games to a friend. His parents moved abruptly... I'm pissed off I don't have them anymore, old games, can't replace them...
Old 09-12-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by db27
yup, that way i'm 100% sure i know whats out at any given moment.

i'm partially to blame for not keeping track of all of my titles, but i never imagined that one would turn up missing.

i've cross-referenced my dvd-afficiando list to make sure nothing else is missing. sure enough, it's only old school.

sure, i'll buy another if i must. but i can't stop thinking about where the hell it went! i am very clean and tidy, organized and such. so this is very unusual.
Who'dathunkit? An obsessive compulsive Raider fan! I thought all you guys wore war paint and spiked shoulder pads
Old 09-12-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I do not lend out my DVD... I have them in alpha-order, and I alway return the DVDs. DVD Profiler have helped me a lot, and it also has a feature where you can check it if you lend it out.

Cheers ,

DVD Smurf
Old 09-12-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have over 400 DVDs and haven't lost one yet. Do you share your place with someone else? Maybe one of your roommates borrowed it and forgot to ask you first?
Old 09-13-03, 06:16 PM

Never lost one, and I never lend out because nobody asks to take one, it's "Hey when you come over want to bring a DVD or two?"

I keep them in nice condition on nice shelves, my movies deserve to be safe