Stargate SG1 Season 4 Glitch

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-03, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just watching Season 4, Volume 3, Episode: Point of no Return and my DVD player ( Toshiba 2109 ) froze at about the 21:00 minute mark. I inspected the DVD and there are no noticeable marks on it.

I was just wondering if anyone else can check this out to see if the problem is DVD or DVD player related.

Thank you !
Old 09-09-03, 10:06 PM
Cool New Member

I'd have to recheck mine to find out (can't right now due to the wife and kids watching Chicago). I have watched that episode already and mine played fine, it might have been a layer change...

On a related note, I didn't watch a lot of Stargate SG-1 on broadcast, but have been doing the DVD's sequentially upon release and love this show... Season 4 so far has more than met my expectations
Old 09-10-03, 12:04 AM

I had the same problem with my Pioneer DV-340 player during "Exodus". It freezes immediately before the scene with O'Neill and Teal'q preparing to launch the Death Glider. I found that if I press the forward button momentarily, it will continue playing the episode. I didn't have any problem with "Point Of No Return", though.
Old 09-10-03, 07:22 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I never thought that I could also test it on my PS2 and see what results I get there. If it freezes there also, maybe I just have a bad copy.

Regarding the show, I think its great that I can pick up the seasons for around $60 ( CDN ). This is half the price of Star Trek TNG Seasons ( the reason I gave up on them after the first 2 ).

I never watch Stargate on TV as I am enjoying watching the episodes in sequence. Things make a lot more sense this way as their are always references to previous planets, foes, etc.
Old 09-15-03, 06:14 PM

Anyone else have a chance to try it out ?
Old 09-15-03, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
No problems.
Old 09-17-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No problems.
Old 09-19-03, 01:57 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Admiral Antilles
I had the same problem with my Pioneer DV-340 player during "Exodus". It freezes immediately before the scene with O'Neill and Teal'q preparing to launch the Death Glider. I found that if I press the forward button momentarily, it will continue playing the episode. I didn't have any problem with "Point Of No Return", though.

I have the exact same problem with "Exodus" on my Toshiba 4800. I also had a problem with a long freeze on "The Light" episode but cleaned the disk and that problem went away. I picked up another set of SG season 4 and got the same results with "Exodus". Freezes for about 30 secs. right before they get to the death glider and then starts playing again. However, tried the disk on my laptop and it played fine.

I did not have any problems with "Point of No Return".