no captions?????

Old 09-03-03, 09:15 PM

no captions?????

Stargate Seasons 1 and 2 had captions; 3 and 4 have none. Barnes & Noble, Amazon and Best Buy all claim to have absolutely no way of complaining to MGM studios and MGM has been ignoring all of my emails.

How do I complain to MGM or what?

infael
Old 09-03-03, 11:41 PM

It'll probably be futile, but you could always get MGM's phone number and call them, or have someone call them for you. And raise hell something awful that they suddenly stopped doing something so helpful without warning.

It infuriates me that some TV shows lack captions and/or subtitles...Dark Shadows, especially. There are no words to describe the red blackness that I feel towards those responsible. I have waited for years for that show to come out captioned, and it appears that they are determined not to let that happen.

And I almost picked up the Highlander boxed set, but I didn't see the CC symbol so I figured that it was not captioned.
Old 09-04-03, 12:46 AM

MGM actually doesn't have a phone number on their site. I may be able to compalin to the FCC. I'll call and find out.
Old 09-04-03, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No subtitles? That's stupid. How do they expect people that can't hear to enjoy their product?

It's also weird that the first 2 seasons had subs.

I hope this is worked out in the future, but it pisses me off.
Old 09-04-03, 08:43 AM

trust me, you have my support. I still don't understand why i feel that 90% of the bonus materials on most dvds don't have CC. It makes all the Special Edition's for a deaf person completely worthless.
Old 09-04-03, 09:28 AM

Thanks for your support guys!

infael
Old 09-04-03, 09:35 AM

hey i have a question, does Anchor Bay never include subtitles/CC on their DVDs, cuz out of the ones i have none has and i was checking the specs from Day Of The Dead and they don't seem to have either.