Sleeping Beauty cover art - it sucks big time!!

Old 09-02-03, 05:59 PM

Sleeping Beauty cover art - it sucks big time!!

IMHO the cover art for the new Region 1 Special Edition of Sleeping Beauty is absolutely appalling!! Considering that Sleeping Beauty was one of the most exquisitely designed and beautifully crafted animated movies ever produced by the Disney Studio, this has to be one of the worst covers they have produced to date!!

Princess Aurora simply doesn't resemble the character in the movie at all! Maybe she has been taken over by mysterious forces - a la the Pod people of Invasion of The Body Snatchers! Prince Philip should be about to kiss her rather than have a chat with her and here, he too looks to have had a run in with those dark pods from outer space!

On the back cover Maleficent (who as Disney's greatest villainess of all time doesn't even appear on the front cover!! )and Aurora by the enchanted Spinning Wheel has to be the worst piece of Disney artwork ever. Maleficent is one of the greatest animated characters of all time yet here on a Special Edition box she appears as if drawn for an amateur pantomime - simply awful!!!

Disney ought to be ashamed of themselves a ghastly travesty for what should have been a triumphant DVD first time release. The French cover was far superior. Get your act together Disney you should be ashamed of yourselves, as if you didn't have enough time to produce a decent piece of cover art for this DVD. The Region 1 Special Edition was the last to appear after Germany, France and England had all released their own versions! All with far better covers !!!

Last edited by Muir Hewitt; 09-02-03 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-02-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.dvdcoverart.com/dvdcovera...em.php?id=1204
Old 09-03-03, 03:59 AM

Hello this was not the cover I received . Am I allowed to scan the cover or is this deemed a copyright issue?
Old 09-03-03, 10:11 PM

the link above to the cover is one of my earliest submissions to DVDCA.

it was pulled down several months ago, when they decided to pull all covers that didn't have a lieigimate dvd release on the market. mostly this was for the bootleg star wars titles floating around, but song of the south, ect. was also a problem. so, my cover is now re-listed since the title is available on legit. dvd.

hope you like it.

steven
Old 09-04-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, decide which version to get

http://www.dvdcompare.org.uk/compari...e.php?fid=1643

Regardless, so long as they donít ruin the content by censoring or ruining the picture then itís not a big deal.
Old 09-04-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Mine will be up soon hopefully. I just uploaded and there were only 2 other files on the server.