Community
Search

54 SE ever?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-03, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
54 SE ever?

I looked around and couldn't find a topic on this. Has anyone heard if there is any possiblity of a SE of this movie? There are tons of deleted scenes from the theatrical release. Whole sub-plots were chopped out. Supposedly the movie makes a lot more sense and flows better with most of that footage in.
Old 08-05-03, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmm. It made sense to me when I saw it in theatres all those years ago. I actually liked it quite a lot, but would love to see a Director's Cut/Extended Edition. Unfortunately, I don't think the movie made enough bank or received enough acclaim for the studio to feel it warrants a re-release. Mike Myers was definitely excellent in it though. Perhaps if he was a bigger star (let's face it, Austin Powers is his bread & butter, so it's no wonder he wants to do a fourth, eventhough the third one kinda sucked, and don't even get me started on The Cat In The Hat), they might consider revisiting this title. They certainly won't do it for Neve Campbell, Ryan Phillippe or Breckin Meyer at the moment.

K
Old 08-05-03, 02:58 AM

There was a lot of plot cut for the release version. I would like to see the director's version of this film but I doubt if Miramax will ever allow it.
Old 08-07-03, 09:21 PM

Do you own the current 54 DVD?
I saw 54 at the movies, and bought the video used at Blockbuster... same movie... the DVD however is a different cut, even though there is no indication of this on the DVD artwork, and both the video and DVD list running time as 93 minutes. (IMDB states that the DVD is actually 100 minutes). This is still not a complete uncut version though.