BTTF replacement discs for Canadians

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-03, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that Amazon.com has dropped their price of the Back to the Future set to 29.99 I will be ordering it this week. From what I understand they are still selling V1 and I will have to send in for a replacement, which is fine.

Has anyone in Canada been able to use the exchange program, I want to make suer the discs that I receive are for the American version of BTTF and not the Canadian version (which is bilingual).

Is this possible to receive the Amercian replacements even though I'm in Canada, but I will be purchasing it from the states.

I called the USA replacement line 1-888-703-0010 and they said they can't do Canadian exchanges.

Just wondering how some of you Canadians out there did this.

Thank you.
Old 08-03-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do you have any friend or family in the States that wouldn't mind serving as your alternate mailing address?
Old 08-03-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
I live in the states, bought BTTF from amazon.ca (bilingual), sent my discs to the american address and got US discs in return. Not bad. Doesn't help any but if anyone was wondering about that.. . there you go.
Old 08-03-03, 10:40 PM
Banned

what was the deal with those discs anyway?

I'd buy it at a local dvd store that you trust. that could do a deal with for new discs. after all amazon.ca is only HMV with a new name.
Old 08-04-03, 09:12 PM

I live in Toronto and was able to exchange my discs, no problem.
Old 08-05-03, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
I live in the states, bought BTTF from amazon.ca (bilingual), sent my discs to the american address and got US discs in return. Not bad. Doesn't help any but if anyone was wondering about that.. . there you go.
Ok but my problem is I'm in Canada and I'll be buying it from amazon.com and I'll want to exhange them for the US versions, I'm sure I'll end up with the bilinugal version if I send in the US version to the Canadian exchange center and when I called the American exchange center they told me they couldn't exchange Canadian orders.

That's my dilemma!

and I just prefer having the nice English only version, I don't like having dual language box covers and discs...I'm anal, I know.

Thanks
Old 08-06-03, 03:11 PM
Cool New Member

DVD666

First of all you will only be sending in the disc of BTTF 2&3. You will only get those 2 disc back which look the same as all the rest. They may have French instead of Spainish sub tracks but main will be English. All art work on the disc will be the same as you have. I know this because I got mine though Amazon.ca but did trade in U.S. thats where I live. So if you buy U.S. version and trade at the Canadian site you will still have just one language art on the disc. I hope this helps. BTW make sure to only send in the disc NO cases or box or art work!!!
Old 08-06-03, 03:30 PM

Thanks for confirming that Honey59,

I assumed that the discs themselves would appear in English and French, because the box cover has the English and French title together so I figured the discs would as well.